+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ArriveCAN quarantine plan for fully vaccinated travellers (same-day cancellable Hotel?)

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
Since September 7, 2021, fully vaccinated international travellers can enter Canada without the need to quarantine. However, filling out the ArriveCan app is mandatory. This includes a quarantine plan in case the border officers deem your vaccination or test results invalid.

I would assume most tourists don’t have a place to self-isolate, so they would have to book a quarantine location (like Airbnb or a Hotel). But are there any options out there to avoid this? Like a hotel or accommodation that offers same-day cancellations options?

Ideally, I would like to book accommodation for 14 days to prove my quarantine plan and also book alternative accommodation for the non-quarantine case. As soon as I’m out of the airport (that is if the border officer approved my vaccination and test status), I would like to cancel the 14 days of accommodation and stay at a different place instead (that would not be suitable for self-isolation, but would be much cheaper – like most hostels).

Are there any options like that out there in Toronto? I’ve researched, but the best I could find was a 48h cancellation period. I couldn’t find anything suitable for self-isolation that could be cancelled on the arrival day. I don’t want to spend a fortune on a hotel that I’m only staying at during nighttime (because I would be exploring Toronto most of the time).

Any ideas on how this could work or suggestions for a suitable quarantine plan for tourists?

Reactions: maricelpba

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
Does it require you to upload the hotel booking confirmation at ArriveCan for the quarantine plan?
I don't know. You have to register to fill out the App and you can only complete the form a few days before your departure. Since my flight is next month, the app doesn't let me progress further.

Has anyone here filled out the app and successfully entered Canada since the exception for fully vaccinated travellers?

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
Did no one here visit Canada recently under the new requirements filling out the ArriveCAN App?

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
@flognity Hello! May I know if you were able to find a hotel offering free same-day cancellation? My husband and I are having the same dilemma you shared here, so I would like to know how you got through it. Thank you.

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
@flognity Hello! May I know if you were able to find a hotel offering free same-day cancellation? My husband and I are having the same dilemma you shared here, so I would like to know how you got through it. Thank you.
I didn't find a solution for the quarantine plan. That's why I searched for cheaper accommodations at Airbnb. I rented a private room with a private bathroom for 14 days (I think that's the minimum requirement for a quarantine stay). So, whether I need to quarantine or not, I will stay in my booked Airbnb for 14 days. There are some rooms that are "just" $65 per night. Still not dormitory hostel prices, but better than hotel prices.
My flight is on the 25th of October.

Reactions: maricelpba

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I didn't find a solution for the quarantine plan. That's why I searched for cheaper accommodations at Airbnb. I rented a private room with a private bathroom for 14 days (I think that's the minimum requirement for a quarantine stay). So, whether I need to quarantine or not, I will stay in my booked Airbnb for 14 days. There are some rooms that are "just" $65 per night. Still not dormitory hostel prices, but better than hotel prices.
Thank you for sharing part of your plan. I hope I can find an affordable Airbnb accom too.

Janemommy

Dec 28, 2020
I thought it’s just a plan but not asking you to actually book it for 14 days? It’s needed only when you tested positive or showing symptoms. I think it’s not practical at all. Anyway, I appreciate your update here about your encounter at POE.