+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ArriveCAN : New Immigrant Landing

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

Im a new immigrant and CoPR holder landing first time in Canada. Please let me know which option I should select for the question " What best describes you or your primary reason for entering Canada? "

These are the options listed.

Canadian citizens and others with a right of entry
Work/employment or essential reasons
Discretionary/optional travel
Study (international student)
Compassionate entry
Family reunification
Other

Last edited:

bsrketh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi,

Im a new immigrant and CoPR holder landing first time in Canada. Please let me know which option I should select for the question " What best describes you or your primary reason for entering Canada? "

These are the options listed.

Canadian citizens and others with a right of entry
Work/employment or essential reasons
Discretionary/optional travel
Study (international student)
Compassionate entry
Family reunification
Other
Not sure about the first option. I think other should be fine. Nobody checked my ArriveCAN at Toronto Pearson last week. The Immigration officer is going to check your passport and the visa stamp and send you to a different area where they'll sign your CoPR and get address details to ship your PR card.

bsrketh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Really, no one really cared about Arrivecan? I am so anxious about this arrivecan thing for parents.
They didn't specifically ask for mine. It doesn't mean they didn't pull my ArriveCAN details in their system without asking me. The immigration officer knew I was vaccinated and put a green sticker on my passport and she never asked for my vaccine cards.

Reactions: YVR123

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
They didn't specifically ask for mine. It doesn't mean they didn't pull my ArriveCAN details in their system without asking me. The immigration officer knew I was vaccinated and put a green sticker on my passport and she never asked for my vaccine cards.
Makes sense. This whole red sticker, green sticker thing is news to me. But interestingly the whole arrivecan thing is about to be scraped by the end of this month, most likely. Thank you Pierre (Jesus)