+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrival in Canada Before Start of Fall 2021 Classes

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
hello, may i ask if anyone has reliable information on the number of days before start of class that one can travel to canada? is arriving mid-july for fall intake safe? thank you-

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello, may i ask if anyone has reliable information on the number of days before start of class that one can travel to canada? is arriving mid-july for fall intake safe? thank you-
There is no set amount but mid July is reasonable given the 2 week quarantine. Around a month to get yourself set-up and prepared to start school is reasonable. CBSA is usually concerned that people will try to work if they arrive too early since you can’t work until you start studying.

Reactions: lamnt0702

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
I think you can ask your student advisor about this because they would be able to tell you the things you need to prepare and accomplish before school starts. So they can advise you how much time you will need and you can plan your arrival around that + mandatory quarantine

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
There is no set amount but mid July is reasonable given the 2 week quarantine. Around a month to get yourself set-up and prepared to start school is reasonable. CBSA is usually concerned that people will try to work if they arrive too early since you can’t work until you start studying.
Thanks for the input!

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
I think you can ask your student advisor about this because they would be able to tell you the things you need to prepare and accomplish before school starts. So they can advise you how much time you will need and you can plan your arrival around that + mandatory quarantine
Thanks for this note. I did ask but the reply I got was not a "definite" one: "IRCC indicates that you should give yourself enough time before school starts, to complete the mandatory COVID-19 requirements and meet any requirements in your approved DLI’s COVID-19 readiness plan, but if you arrive too early, you may be refused entry by the BSO." Thanks again-