+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrival in April: unanswered questions

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
Hello guys, I'm travelling to canada on the 17th april and I have many unanswered questions, I decided to make this thread to see if you can help me.

1) I'm trying to book my covid-19 exam, but the laboratory site shows only one time possibility. I contacted them via email and they said I was right, it was a mistake and to keep checking because eventually they'd solve it (?) but didn't answer what are the actual time possibilities. i'll arrive at 1 AM (only option I had) and I'm afraid that they only do tests in business hours. Does anyone know if this is true? The lab facility is called Biron, in Montréal airport.

2) If I arrive at 1 AM should I book a GAA for the period between 18-21 April or 17-20 april (then I could arrive anytime)? One hotel that I contacted said I could book for 17 and it would count as a night, but if i don't arrive there because, let's say, the lab only opens in the morning and I can't leave the airport before having the pcr test, then I wouldn't spend the night at the hotel, but at the airport, so how could it count to quarantine?

3) after I'm free to leave the hotel, can a friend pick me up by car to take me to Québec city? Would this person have to quarantine after?

I've been trying for 3 days now to call the number IRCC give us regarding the hotels but is ALWAYS busy, it's a nightmare. If anyone have any information/experience about these topics, please let me know! Thank you all!

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
1. I was trying out their website and see if there's 1 AM testing; they actually do for like this week, but you will have to wait until around April, and you can try to pre-register again since I could only see 11:30 AM only. Or you will keep checking and see if it will change.

2. I believe it is 17th to 20th since you are arriving on 17th very Early.

3. If Quebec City is where you will finish your 11 days, I believe they can pick you up and depend on the Quebec rules, he/she/they will have to quarantine or monitor themselves. (I don't know the person pronouns, so I used gender-neutral pronouns)

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
1. I was trying out their website and see if there's 1 AM testing; they actually do for like this week, but you will have to wait until around April, and you can try to pre-register again since I could only see 11:30 AM only. Or you will keep checking and see if it will change.

2. I believe it is 17th to 20th since you are arriving on 17th very Early.

3. If Quebec City is where you will finish your 11 days, I believe they can pick you up and depend on the Quebec rules, he/she/they will have to quarantine or monitor themselves. (I don't know the person pronouns, so I used gender-neutral pronouns)
Actually i'll arrive on the 18th, really early, 1 AM. Check in is only available at 3 PM, soI thought maybe of booking from the 17th and arriving for very late check in... but it'll all depend on PCR test times to know when I'll be able to leave the airport :(

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Actually i'll arrive on the 18th, really early, 1 AM. Check in is only available at 3 PM, soI thought maybe of booking from the 17th and arriving for very late check in... but it'll all depend on PCR test times to know when I'll be able to leave the airport :(
If you are arriving on the 18th at 1 AM, you can book for the 18th since your first night will start on the 18th. Booking on the 17th won't make any difference since their check-in and out time usually fixed. You can email them and see how they can go about that.

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
I also got a reply for question 3): for Québec, the person that picks me up does not have to quarantine.

Still didn't get a answer for question 2)... 17-20 or 17-21?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I also got a reply for question 3): for Québec, the person that picks me up does not have to quarantine.

Still didn't get a answer for question 2)... 17-20 or 17-21?
Did you email the hotel to find out if you can check-in at a different time? If not other option, 17-21 it is.

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
Did you email the hotel to find out if you can check-in at a different time? If not other option, 17-21 it is.
I called the hotel that I intend to stay at and the lady replied that they don't have early check in, I'd have to book the day before. When I asked then if that night would count for the 3-nights she said the mandatory quarantine was for 72hrs (hence I would have to stay another day) but she didn't know for sure... guess I'll book 4 days then :/ super expensive.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I called the hotel that I intend to stay at and the lady replied that they don't have early check in, I'd have to book the day before. When I asked then if that night would count for the 3-nights she said the mandatory quarantine was for 72hrs (hence I would have to stay another day) but she didn't know for sure... guess I'll book 4 days then :/ super expensive.
I guess you have to book 4 nights.