File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Why do you insist on this term? It's the kind of thing that men who should "beta!" at other men and wear MAGA hats use.
:D So I'm not the only one who finds the use of "female" (instead of "woman") annoying and dehumanizing? I associate it with "cop-speak..." Let's give Leodensian a break, tho - apart from going through a rough time, he actually used both words, and some professions actually train their members to talk that way...

Reactions: k.h.p.

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
:D So I'm not the only one who finds the use of "female" (instead of "woman") annoying and dehumanizing? I associate it with "cop-speak..." Let's give Leodensian a break, tho - apart from going through a rough time, he actually used both words, and some professions actually train their members to talk that way...
Had no idea the term was offensive or ‘Alpha’

Sorry

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Hi, not really sure why im posting. I dont really have anyone to talk to. I live alone in this country and have my 2 year old son every weekend and Sunday nights are the hardest when i leave him (or today as its a holiday). He's got a fever right now and it was devastatign leaving him when all he wanted was to cuddle until he fell asleep in my arms and damn im getting emotional. Even my lawyer seems annoyed to answer my questions. Maybe ill feel better if i just vent a bit. I recently enlisted the help of a therapist though.

As I said before, re the arrest i was trying to protect someone from being hurt and then the guy(s) turned on me. Now im in court for assault.

Reading the disclosure im scared. I started off this process convinced of common sense or justice and now im just a complete wreck constantly torturing myself with worst case scenarios that they wont accept my defense argument despite the girl's testimony. The idea there is a person working as a prosecutor who wants me to go to jail is an awful feeling. I feel like an outsider and a criminal in my own neighborhood. I keep having panics thinking about a conviction that will lead to my bridging visa and PR visa being rejected (they're both submitted now and im implied status - if they get rejected based on this what happens? Do i have to leave the country immediately? Will they separate me from my son? How will I see him?

I have two lawyers - and neither seem capable to answer any of my questions. Maybe im being hard on them. Maybe ive got myself into a unique situation they havent seen before...but im paying thousands of dollars i thought i was entitled to ask questions? I dont know.

You guys are more helpful - harsher - but always helpful.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but im breathing again and my boy is doing fine.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi, not really sure why im posting. I dont really have anyone to talk to. I live alone in this country and have my 2 year old son every weekend and Sunday nights are the hardest when i leave him (or today as its a holiday). He's got a fever right now and it was devastatign leaving him when all he wanted was to cuddle until he fell asleep in my arms and damn im getting emotional. Even my lawyer seems annoyed to answer my questions. Maybe ill feel better if i just vent a bit. I recently enlisted the help of a therapist though.

As I said before, re the arrest i was trying to protect someone from being hurt and then the guy(s) turned on me. Now im in court for assault.

Reading the disclosure im scared. I started off this process convinced of common sense or justice and now im just a complete wreck constantly torturing myself with worst case scenarios that they wont accept my defense argument despite the girl's testimony. The idea there is a person working as a prosecutor who wants me to go to jail is an awful feeling. I feel like an outsider and a criminal in my own neighborhood. I keep having panics thinking about a conviction that will lead to my bridging visa and PR visa being rejected (they're both submitted now and im implied status - if they get rejected based on this what happens? Do i have to leave the country immediately? Will they separate me from my son? How will I see him?

I have two lawyers - and neither seem capable to answer any of my questions. Maybe im being hard on them. Maybe ive got myself into a unique situation they havent seen before...but im paying thousands of dollars i thought i was entitled to ask questions? I dont know.

I'll answer your question - if you get convicted, yes, your bridging visa and PR application will be rejected as you will be inadmissible to Canada due to serious criminality. You may be deported immediately, or you may be made to serve a sentence here and then be told to leave.

Regarding the rest of your post - I've no idea what the truth is, and I'm not going to judge you one way or the other. I know this is easy to say and impossible to do, but there's no point worrying about things you cannot control. The prosecutor is doing his job, and the law is following its course. Your lawyers are the best people to advise you on your chances of acquittal/exoneration.

Take it one day at a time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

When you say that you have two lawyers - do you have one criminal lawyer who is handling your charges and another lawyer who is an immigration lawyer and can advise you on consequences if you are convicted?

I'm not a lawyer - so can't advise you in any way. However you obviously want to either get the charges dropped or significantly reduced to something that's inconsequential to your immigration status.

MANBH

May 13, 2019
Had a fine from when I was 19 in 2007 in Uk I had to get ‘rehabilitated’ for.

This guy was drunk and threatening a woman I prevented it escalating it further with them and he turned on me.

The idea of being separated from my boy making me sick.
You did the right thing by protecting a member of the society who could be your sister, wife, daughter and I am sure the judge will take that into consideration. Yes it is stressful but with a good lawyer hopefully you will get away with it.

You did not do anything wrong and you deserve something good in return.

Reactions: Leodensian

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020

A prosecutor's job isn't to make sure you go to jail, it's to make sure that they aren't putting someone innocent in jail.

@jes_ON yeah the use of female in normal conversation is unsettling, lol. I can see why law enforcement uses it, but it feels very incel otherwise

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Its over. All's well that ends well :)

Note to self, don't get involved next time. Thousands of $ & 7 months of hell and therapy and depression isn't worth it.

If I can help anyone else who might be going through something similar and has searched this thread - THERE IS HOPE AND THERE ARE OPTIONS. Make sure your lawyer explains every possible outcome. Mine didn't and it increased the stress.

Thanks all.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Congrats!! Can you be more specific about the outcome? Was the case dismissed, or ?

Note to self, don't get involved next time.
Well, at least not until you become a citizen. : )

Thousands of $ & 7 months of hell and therapy and depression isn't worth it.
Can you counter-sue now? LOL, that´s probably not worth it either...

Reactions: e-16

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019

Note to self, don't get involved next time. Thousands of $ & 7 months of hell and therapy and depression isn't worth it.

If I can help anyone else who might be going through something similar and has searched this thread - THERE IS HOPE AND THERE ARE OPTIONS. Make sure your lawyer explains every possible outcome. Mine didn't and it increased the stress.

Thanks all.
Congrats. It's gonna be huge relieve for you. Next time if you see something like this, call 911.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017

Thanks all.
Congratulations! Can you explain a bit further on the outcomes if you don't mind?
1) were the charges lifted?
2) did you get PR approved?

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Hi - I don't suppose if anyone knows if the arrest has reset the timelines?

I did my medical in March 2019, submitted everything including arrest papers in April 2019, was cleared in Dec 2019, was requested to send update RCMP files / fingerprints in January 2020, finally received rcmp history and uploaded to application on Mar 17.

Under normal circumstances do we know if my timeline is 6 months from Mar 17? My temporary visa will expire before then.

Many thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - I don't suppose if anyone knows if the arrest has reset the timelines?

I did my medical in March 2019, submitted everything including arrest papers in April 2019, was cleared in Dec 2019, was requested to send update RCMP files / fingerprints in January 2020, finally received rcmp history and uploaded to application on Mar 17.

Under normal circumstances do we know if my timeline is 6 months from Mar 17? My temporary visa will expire before then.

Many thanks in advance.
Unfortunately it's really hard to say. All processing times are out the window right now due to COVID-19. IRCC has specifically communicated that application processing will take longer than six months. So I would forget about counting anything based on the six months.