Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DelPiero07 said:
Here is the issue, look at the new questions regarding work experience:

Is ###### 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

He can answer "Yes" to the first question but certainly he cannot say "Yes" to the second question.
Of course he can answer "yes" to the section question, because he has been working for that employer for over a year!

But I see the confusion - it's a matter of how you parse the sentence. Tough, when commas should have been used, but weren't.

A. working full-time "for the employer on their current work permit" for at least one year?

B. working full-time for the employer "on their current work permit for at least one year"?

Does "on their current work permit" modify employer, or working? Based on the the wording of the ministerial instructions, as well as the page on "offer of employment," I think it modifies "employer." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

To the OP - you can call IRCC, but help center employees often have little information on program requirements. It's a new rule, it's possible IRCC agents will be confused as well, so the best I can say is whatever you decide, tell us how it works out!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Of course he can answer "yes" to the section question, because he has been working for that employer for over a year!

But I see the confusion - it's a matter of how you parse the sentence. Tough, when commas should have been used, but weren't.

A. working full-time "for the employer on their current work permit" for at least one year?

B. working full-time for the employer "on their current work permit for at least one year"?

Does "on their current work permit" modify employer, or working? Based on the the wording of the ministerial instructions, as well as the page on "offer of employment," I think it modifies "employer." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

To the OP - you can call IRCC, but help center employees often have little information on program requirements. It's a new rule, it's possible IRCC agents will be confused as well, so the best I can say is whatever you decide, tell us how it works out!!!
Clearly we understand this differently. I will say this again though, a person on the exact same situation as OP did not receive those 50 points after answering the new questions.

Good luck OP ;)

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You basically have to meet 2 requirements:

- have already worked for your current employer for 1 year under closed work permit; you cannot add time worked under open permits like PGWP;
- current employer must make an offer that says you will have your job for 1 year from the date you get your PR visa. (you don't have to know this date)