+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment /new member question

ania79

Apr 28, 2009
I'm thinking about applying for PR form US, I have a friend in Canada who can provide me with Arranged Employment in my profession (electrician journeyperson E2 license holder), my question is how long do I have to work at that position and if I don't work there at all upon my arrival will that cause any problems for my friend or me? Any ideas?

ania79

Apr 28, 2009
.Ok, now were do we start with making that job offer official?, is there any steps employer has to fallow?. I'm clue less, is it his writing offer enough? please give me some advice.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Employer has to seek approval from labour dept ie hrdc approval. Visit cic website, for detailed information.

ania79

Apr 28, 2009
so as far I understand, arranged job offer will help me get extra points and after my application is approved immigration officer will not make any follow ups on where I work and if I work at all?. If employer decide to not hire me upon my arrival it's just my problem?, I can then go and look for other job? correct me if I'm wrong?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are two ways to use an AEO to apply for immigration. You can use it to apply for FSW which will give you extra points as welll as make you qualify to apply under Category 2. You could also possibly use it to apply under the PNP of the province where the company is located. Once you get the PR, you are not bound to go work for that company and they are not bound to give you a job.

Information about how to apply for an AEO here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/poarremp.shtml

ania79

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks everybody for the response:)
One more thing Leon , forgive my stupid question but what's Category2?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp said:
There are three categories under the Federal Skilled Worker Class:

* Category 1: For persons in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in the Ministerial Instructions and have evidence of one year of continuous full-time (or full-time equivalent) experience in that occupation;
* Category 2: For persons who have arranged employment offer with a Canadian employer; or
* Category 3: For students or workers who are legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months immediately before submitting their application.