+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment, How to get it?

foreversummer

Jun 23, 2012
Hey Everyone! I'm scouting through the posts trying to find ideas about getting an Arranged Employment. Unfortunately, I didn't find one yet.

Please communicate your questions here. My question is, can we really find legit job offers at websites like jobbank.gc.ca, workopolis etc? If we can, are employers posting jobs there really willing to hire a foreign worker?

Thanks ahead for those who can offer answers... ;)

SusanGeorge

Dec 2, 2012
foreversummer said:
Hey Everyone! I'm scouting through the posts trying to find ideas about getting an Arranged Employment. Unfortunately, I didn't find one yet.

Please communicate your questions here. My question is, can we really find legit job offers at websites like jobbank.gc.ca, workopolis etc? If we can, are employers posting jobs there really willing to hire a foreign worker?

Thanks ahead for those who can offer answers... ;)
Truth is..the clause of Arranged Employment is purely for assisting those who are already in Canada on a work permit. There are thousands of such backlogs which need to be cleared first. Hence they are given priority rather than a foreign worker

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I concur. Finding employment as a foreigner is hard and mostly limited to low or non skilled jobs.

Canada only brought in 150,000 temporary foreign workers last year (considerably lower than previous years). It seems the labor shortages here are lessening.

Even getting permission to hire a foreign worker is difficult because there is usually a suitable Canadian to do the job.

PS: I've never found a job listing on the Job Bank or any big time website like Monster or Career Builder that hires with a LMO. Kijiji is the only place I've ever seen any options, which are very few, and mostly for nannies.

Roshmi

Nov 29, 2012
I also had the same question, however, since I have got some ideal with this ost, is it better to apply under fswp in may2013

foreversummer

Jun 23, 2012
SusanGeorge said:
Truth is..the clause of Arranged Employment is purely for assisting those who are already in Canada on a work permit. There are thousands of such backlogs which need to be cleared first. Hence they are given priority rather than a foreign worker
Thanks! Cleared my mind a lot. Actually, I was considering it to expedite my FSW application. Why would the cic post links to Jobsites anyways if there's no chance at all of getting a job there. That's quite confusing.

By the way, what if my Canadian Citizen relative would be willing to offer me a job as nanny or something to her 4 year old son. Will I be able to use that as AEO if ever she gets a positive LMO??? Just a thought. ;D

foreversummer

Jun 23, 2012
amikety said:
I concur. Finding employment as a foreigner is hard and mostly limited to low or non skilled jobs.

Canada only brought in 150,000 temporary foreign workers last year (considerably lower than previous years). It seems the labor shortages here are lessening.

Even getting permission to hire a foreign worker is difficult because there is usually a suitable Canadian to do the job.

PS: I've never found a job listing on the Job Bank or any big time website like Monster or Career Builder that hires with a LMO. Kijiji is the only place I've ever seen any options, which are very few, and mostly for nannies.
Thanks! Cleared my mind a lot. Actually, I was considering it to expedite my FSW application. Why would the cic post links to Jobsites anyways if there's no chance at all of getting a job there. That's quite confusing.

By the way, what if my Canadian Citizen relative would be willing to offer me a job as nanny or something to her 4 year old son. Will I be able to use that as AEO if ever she gets a positive LMO??? Just a thought.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
foreversummer said:

By the way, what if my Canadian Citizen relative would be willing to offer me a job as nanny or something to her 4 year old son. Will I be able to use that as AEO if ever she gets a positive LMO??? Just a thought. ;D
If you qualify. You must have one full year of full time paid experience or at least six months of training, plus a medical report.

foreversummer

Jun 23, 2012
amikety said:
If you qualify. You must have one full year of full time paid experience or at least six months of training, plus a medical report.
Is the noc level of Nanny acceptable for FSW applications? I do have more than two years of paid experience even though not as a nanny, but as a nurse. :D I don't know if they could downgrade the noc to that. Is that possible at all?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
foreversummer said:
Is the noc level of Nanny acceptable for FSW applications? I do have more than two years of paid experience even though not as a nanny, but as a nurse. :D I don't know if they could downgrade the noc to that. Is that possible at all?
Two years full time as a nanny should let you meet CEC qualifications. That's another 14 months (right now).

Roshmi

Nov 29, 2012
Can someone tell me I have graduated in economics and have a pgdba in marketing . I also have experience of team handling in telcommunication industry and customer servicing. Besides I have administrative cum hr experience of records management and mediator / interpretor. Can I show this as my experience.

Also my last profession was in insurance- general insurance supervisor in administration/ accounting.Under which noc code can I show my experience.