BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Hi everyone,
This will be my last question for the night, I promise. My partner is trying to get a PCC from Argentina. We live in BC. When he went online to do it, he put our address in, and it asked him to select a province. The only option was Montreal [!!]. I feel like I've read things from other people who have had it emailed to them in a certified PDF. What did you guys do? Is this "Montreal" thing just a database error?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Thanks. I double checked, and we were following the instructions there/went to the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia website (the link given on the CIC website is outdated, but we navigated back to something usable). However, when we put in our address and follow through with the instructions, it tells us to select a province and the only province listed is Montreal. We're wondering how other people are dealing with that problem.

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks. I double checked, and we were following the instructions there/went to the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia website (the link given on the CIC website is outdated, but we navigated back to something usable). However, when we put in our address and follow through with the instructions, it tells us to select a province and the only province listed is Montreal. We're wondering how other people are dealing with that problem.
Are you aware that there are only 2 Argentinian consulates in Canada (Toronto and Montreal)? You have to go to one of these locations to take your fingerprints unless Toronto Consulate offers a visit to the west of Canada (once a year).
I suggest you call the consulate and ask for further information. They will give detailed instructions on how to get it. Good luck!

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Thanks, future_PR! That's what we were worried about. We will call them tomorrow and try to get this sorted out.

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
You can get the Police Certificate from Argentina "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal", if you have:

1. A bank account in Argentina with PagoMisCuentas activated OR
  2. An AFIP clave fiscal level 2 OR
  3. A national ID (DNI) AND an utility bill paid within the past 10 years (with these two you can get the AFIP clave fiscal level 2)
If you request it online, it will not come with the "art. 51", but the normal process is to request the modification online once the certificate is ready. There's a specific option to ask for the "art. 51" thing on their website. On this request form, they ask for a signed letter asking for the art. 51 exception and a copy of your national ID, that you can upload in PDF format.

Letter would be something like: "Solicito que el certificado de antecedentes penales sea emitido con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal. [your name] [national ID number] [signature]"

Note: If you don't have the bank account with PagoMisCuentas activated you may need to ask someone who's physically there to go to a postal office or bank and pay the fees. I haven't tried transferring money to their specified bank account which may work too.

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/

Reactions: Bacrs

priamXus

May 14, 2018
Argentina
Hey there, I'm in Montreal. Going back to Argentina November 12th.
If you need something tell me, the 16th I'll be gettin my Certificado de Antecedentes Penales at the ministery

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Thanks for the posts, you guys! I've been very bad about logging back in to my account recently. We were able to get the PCC without going to the consulate.

Good luck with your application! :)

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for the posts, you guys! I've been very bad about logging back in to my account recently. We were able to get the PCC without going to the consulate.

Good luck with your application! :)
Could you please let me know the process of getting PCC from Argentina? I am currently in Edmonton, Alberta. I worked in Buenos Aries, Argentina in the year 2010 -2012. Do you think I still need to get PCC since it is within 10 years? Please advise

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Hello @jaabustips ,

I applied and received PCC via email. Please follow the steps below. It's very easy but only concern is that you need to travel Consulate General of Argentina in Toronto and then translate the document.

Step 1: Send email to consular_ctoro@mrecic.gov.ar requesting to provide instructions/steps for applying police record certificate.
Step 2: Follow the instructions provided and prepare the documents (mainly application form) and send them for verification.
Step 3: They will provide appointment after verifying your application and details.
Step 4: Travel to Consulate General office in Toronto and submit all the requested documents.
Step 5: You need to provide finger prints in consulate office and wait until they ask to leave from the office.
Step 6: Check your email after an hour, you should be receiving it via email.
Step 7. Translate it to English/French and upload it to your PR application.

I haven't translated yet as I am not sure where to translate. Could some one help me to provide genuine authorized translator who translates the document from Spanish to English online?

Thanks,
Vishnu.

VChops

Apr 15, 2020
Hi there, Does anyone know how long is the Argentina PCC valid for? I'm trying to estimate Expiry date on my PCC

MartinFer

Oct 14, 2021
I had to apply for the Argentinean PCC:

When applying for my PCC online, the form NEVER shows the option to add "PARA SER PRESENTADO ANTE......." when logging in with Clave Fiscal, it doesn't even show the postal code option to be filled. So I never had the chance to add the requirement of con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal.

Any ideas? I'm in Berlin so I've just reached out to the embassy email to see if they can help me, there is no option in the Consulate website to do a 'Reclamo' about any missing info in the Police Certificate, so I'm in a bureaucratic limbo right here, the form is incomplete, the document is not the one I need and I have no option to log in with a bank since I don't have an Argentinean bank nor a 'Banelco' since I haven't lived in Argentina for 6 years now.

Any ideas? My whole Visa application is hanging on in the hopes to receive a reply from the Embassy in Berlin right now...

Thanks for reading anyways.
Martin