+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you using a different passport for this application than the one you used to get your U.S. nonimmigrant visa?

mfaiazuddin

Nov 21, 2021
Hi Iam little bit confused and unable to move from this page

I have a US B1/B2 visa on my old passport valid till 2025 but the passport which has this US Visa is expired in 2016. Now i am applying canada visitor visa with my new passport. When this question came i selected YES then its says Tell us about the passport you used to get your U.S. nonimmigrant visa
then it asked me Select the country code that matches the one on your passport I selected India than asked Passport number i entered the old passport number now comes the difficult one when was the passport issued and passport expiry. When i try to select the Year 2006 issued it's not showing the year 2006 its showing from 2011 to 2021 and the expiry showing from 2021 to 2031. I donot understand why it is not showing the year 2006 and 2016. I dont know what to select how to proceed from this point.

I know that if any one has US valid visa but the passport is expired then he can travel with the new passport and the US visa is still valid. I went to US with the new passport couple of time but no issues.

Can any one help me.
regards Mohammed

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Thanks.
Just a query, I am applying for tourist visa and i don't have any family or friends in Canada. Should i apply through GC key or new IRCC portal. Thanks
It will not make a difference, same kind of documents
travel history / funds /

officer should get the feeling your intent is travelling, your usa visa will help
but for quick processing, looks like IRCC portal is the one we need to use

mfaiazuddin

Nov 21, 2021
It will not make a difference, same kind of documents
travel history / funds /

officer should get the feeling your intent is travelling, your usa visa will help
but for quick processing, looks like IRCC portal is the one we need to use
Many people are saying that IRCC portal is only for those whose has immediate family members are in canada. Is there any way to check this from any sources like IRCC or any other websites.
Thanks