+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you giving a refugee ID when they offer you a PRRA.

Imari07

Jul 11, 2018
Good day all I have a question for anymore who has knowledge of how the PRRA application works. We arrived to Canada Aug 2018 as a family of 3 my husband, our son and I. We made a refugee claim Sept 28 but only our son and I was referred for a hearing. On the other hand my husband was rejected because of a criminality that took place when he was younger and had to attend an inadmissible hearing which we did and they found him inadmissible this month. We were told he had 15 days (which is by may 21st) to appeal the decision in federal court and so we told our lawyers to submit the paperwork to appeal, but today we got a call from CBSA asking to have him come in to get his Protected person refugee claimant ID. We are very confused because our lawyer told us that if he was found inadmissible (which he was) and we don't appeal (which we are) then CBSA will offer him a PRRA. So I dont understand why they called he to come in to get a protected person refugee claimant ID, is this apart of the PRRA process? Our lawyer was shock that we got this call and said maybe the government decided not to fight it no more and add him to my claim. Please tell me is this normal PRAA procedure

Jan 10, 2017
Good day all I have a question for anymore who has knowledge of how the PRRA application works. We arrived to Canada Aug 2018 as a family of 3 my husband, our son and I. We made a refugee claim Sept 28 but only our son and I was referred for a hearing. On the other hand my husband was rejected because of a criminality that took place when he was younger and had to attend an inadmissible hearing which we did and they found him inadmissible this month. We were told he had 15 days (which is by may 21st) to appeal the decision in federal court and so we told our lawyers to submit the paperwork to appeal, but today we got a call from CBSA asking to have him come in to get his Protected person refugee claimant ID. We are very confused because our lawyer told us that if he was found inadmissible (which he was) and we don't appeal (which we are) then CBSA will offer him a PRRA. So I dont understand why they called he to come in to get a protected person refugee claimant ID, is this apart of the PRRA process? Our lawyer was shock that we got this call and said maybe the government decided not to fight it no more and add him to my claim. Please tell me is this normal PRAA procedure
I believe if your lawyer can't answer for this then no one can give answer for that unless anyone passed through to similar situation. All the very best I hope your husband will soon be add in your claim.

Imari07

Jul 11, 2018
I believe if your lawyer can't answer for this then no one can give answer for that unless anyone passed through to similar situation. All the very best I hope your husband will soon be add in your claim.
Thank you.

Imari07

Jul 11, 2018
♀ You could have kept you comment. Do you think it was helpful smt

Reactions: ahmad Elnajjar

Ha.Abu

Aug 28, 2020
I
They didn't call me, i applied an appeal weak ago.