+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

preetibhagia

Mar 11, 2020
Are you
accompanying
a family member that has
status
in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
I know this question has been asked several times in this thread, I looked a lot of threads/answers but couldn't find a response appropriate to my situation. I am applying for a tourist visa and will be traveling with my husband who was recently approved for tourist visa but hasn't travelled to Canada yet. From my understanding, I am accompanying family member who has been approved to come to Canada as a visitor, so answer should be yes I assume? Or it doesn't apply unless accompanying member has already traveled to Canada or has visitor visa? Any help would be appreciated.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Are you
accompanying
a family member that has
status
in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
I know this question has been asked several times in this thread, I looked a lot of threads/answers but couldn't find a response appropriate to my situation. I am applying for a tourist visa and will be traveling with my husband who was recently approved for tourist visa but hasn't travelled to Canada yet. From my understanding, I am accompanying family member who has been approved to come to Canada as a visitor, so answer should be yes I assume? Or it doesn't apply unless accompanying member has already traveled to Canada or has visitor visa? Any help would be appreciated.
Accompany means if people will "go with you or travel with you". Your answer should be YES as you and your husband are going together to Canada.

preetibhagia

Mar 11, 2020
Accompany means if people will "go with you or travel with you". Your answer should be YES as you and your husband are going together to Canada.
Thanks ! That means since he is approved to come to Canada as a visitor and accompanying me the answer would be yes ?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I am applying for BOWP and extending my son's Study permit, in the questionnaire ( Are you accompanying a family member who has a status in Canada?
I am confused because I am the main applicant, and he is accompanying me, so should I answer yes or no? in both cases I will upload his study permit in client info. if I say yes they will ask for it as proof of family status in Canada.

deepuuchil23

Feb 2, 2024
Myself and my wife's Canada visitor visa has been approved. Now I applying Canada visitor visa for my infant child. I am confused with this question "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?". If you click on Status, the list doesn't show Temporary resident visa (TRV )instead it shows Temporary resident permit(TRP).

In tourist category, Shall click on Yes or No.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Myself and my wife's Canada visitor visa has been approved. Now I applying Canada visitor visa for my infant child. I am confused with this question "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?". If you click on Status, the list doesn't show Temporary resident visa (TRV )instead it shows Temporary resident permit(TRP).

In tourist category, Shall click on Yes or No.
Say No.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I am trying to applying for TRV of our 10 months old daughter who was born in INdia. Both parents hold PR card since March-2022. I have got a full time job offer and will be flying back to Canada in end of Feb. I want to apply for my kid's TRV so that she can travel with my wife (PR Card holder) and we stay together as a family as PR sponsorship process will more time to process.

Can you explain what option should I choose from below?

1. To visit Canada as a tourist (Does not require a invitation letter. I can attach a letter of explaination)
2. To visit spouse, dependent child, parents who is a canada citizen or permanent resident ( This requires mandatory invitation letter from someone in Canada)

I am preferring to choose option 1 so that I can apply immediately without having to attach invitation letter as I am still in India and it count as mispresentation