+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

are you able to submit the online application?

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
I was trying to submit my PGWP ever since 23rd. And the message I got after entering to the consent page is:
SORRY ...
this on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons:

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

Does anyone have a similar issue? I have tried multiple computers..Still no luck
It has been more than a week...

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
I am still suffering from the same problem. Please let me know if you can submit your application online.
Thank you!

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I sent my OWP online application third week of December and had no issues whatsoever with the CIC website but then I'm still waiting for the email confirmation from them though. Have your tried clearing your browser cache and even checking the system requirement of your browser?

This is from the mycic link:
Secure Web Browser
To ensure your information is kept secure and confidential, you must use a Web browser such as Internet Explorer that has 128-bit secure sockets layer encryption. When you are ready to send your identification information, our servers will check your encryption to ensure that the browser you are using can do this.

System Requirements
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has tested four Web browsers that are proven to work with this service. You can link directly to these sites to download or upgrade your version of browser software.

Internet Explorer
Safari
Firefox
Chrome

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also faced similar challenge, I believe at that point of time ( Dec End / Jan Beginning ) MyCIC Website server was really slow.

As we have to upload many supporting documents and most of the times I used to encounter such message while uploading any document. So I had to click on Back button 2 Times and start uploading again. I encountered various messages like Service Not available , An Uptream Server not responding, Gateway Time out Error# 502 etc etc....

But after two days of struggle I was able to upload all supporting documents and submitted my application online :) . Later I was waiting for e-mail which which arrived in my e-mail account after 2 days. But after 12 hours of Online Application Submission I was able to see File Numbers in MyCIC account online.

But do you have any Idea if the application is assessed and finalized in Canada office or it is sent to the Local Visa office in the country from where we are applying/residing ? I have applied for Temporary WP from Outside Canada .

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hi, thanks for sharing. I now know that you just have to keep on trying to send the application! I gave in a while ago and I just sent in my paper application. I am inside Canada so I just know that my WP will be processed in Vegreville, Alberta.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Although the website is saying 78 for online and 82 days for paper for WP - New employer. It seems that the actual time for the online WP is around 50 days!!!

Keep on trying b/c online is just so much faster!!

I had no choice but to submit the paper application. Sigh