+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are sponsors required to attend interview?

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Hi! I'm Indonesian and my husband is sponsoring me to get Canadian PR (outland). I'm still doing biometrics right now, but there's a possibility that I would need an interview in the future. If I need one, is my husband required to attend?

I want to visit him in Canada (or he visit me here because I'd need visitor visa lol). We haven't seen each other irl since our honeymoon (1.5 years!) and we very very miss each other. But if we do that, we would not be able to afford both our tickets for a possible interview trip (most likely in Indonesia or Singapore) and that would pretty much be an automatic refusal.

I saw some posts in this forum a few days ago about people getting interview letters that require the sponsors to attend in person. Can someone confirm if this actually happens sometimes?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I'm Indonesian and my husband is sponsoring me to get Canadian PR (outland). I'm still doing biometrics right now, but there's a possibility that I would need an interview in the future. If I need one, is my husband required to attend?

I want to visit him in Canada (or he visit me here because I'd need visitor visa lol). We haven't seen each other irl since our honeymoon (1.5 years!) and we very very miss each other. But if we do that, we would not be able to afford both our tickets for a possible interview trip (most likely in Indonesia or Singapore) and that would pretty much be an automatic refusal.

I saw some posts in this forum a few days ago about people getting interview letters that require the sponsors to attend in person. Can someone confirm if this actually happens sometimes?
If an interview is required, most likely only you will need to attend. If you haven't seen each other in 1.5 years, I would very very strongly encourage your husband to visit you as soon as possible. The fact you haven't seen each other in so long or made an effort to spend time together is likely going to be a big red flag for your application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Agree with scylla. Your husband needs to visit you ASAP. 1.5 years without seeing each other is a huge red flag and a possible indicator of a Marriage of Convenience.

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Yeah I'm gonna apply for TRV after medical checkup so I don't have to do it twice (I also need it for TRV because Indonesia is not TB-free).
I actually re-read the post I found the other day and apparently that's for inland. So I guess sponsor attendance is usually not required for outland interview? If so then we can go visit each other!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I'm gonna apply for TRV after medical checkup so I don't have to do it twice (I also need it for TRV because Indonesia is not TB-free).
I actually re-read the post I found the other day and apparently that's for inland. So I guess sponsor attendance is usually not required for outland interview? If so then we can go visit each other!
Your chances of a TRV being approved are extremely low. I would recommend that your spouse make plans to visit you instead and visit very soon.