+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are Saudis Atheist able to be a asylum in Canada?

Blue sky00

Mar 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
I'm 37 Saudi Arabia male who is an Atheist. Im living in my country Saudi Arabia but the only thing I miss is freedom of speech and religion.
I think most of you are know what is the penalty of being an Atheist in Saudi Arabia.
Do you think this excuse enough to get the right to live in Canada?
Please forgive me about my English skills.
Thank you in advance.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
As you aren't trying to face others with your beliefs no one will interfere you
My advice try to move to dammam or khubar those places are much better for you

zoozi77

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Toronto
Hello
I'm lgbt +atheist refugee from saudi Arabia
i got my protected person status here in Canada about 1 year ago
i have never been prosecuted in the past
but my claim was based on the fact that i can't live normal life and i will be always under threats and social pressures according to my sexual orientation and believe
the IRB members have comprehensive knowledge about the sharia law which applied in SA
you have a good chance but remember always be honest be able to prove
don't provide false information nor exaggerate. my advice to you is think about what will you earn and lose
living in saudi Arabia is for sure much better when it comes to financial situations. in this country it's all about money, your relationships with people, government depend on money
i have lost a lot (my family, friends, my position) but does that worth the price of freedom? in my prospective NO
good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I'm lgbt +atheist refugee from saudi Arabia
i got my protected person status here in Canada about 1 year ago
i have never been prosecuted in the past
but my claim was based on the fact that i can't live normal life and i will be always under threats and social pressures according to my sexual orientation and believe
the IRB members have comprehensive knowledge about the sharia law which applied in SA
you have a good chance but remember always be honest be able to prove
don't provide false information nor exaggerate. my advice to you is think about what will you earn and lose
living in saudi Arabia is for sure much better when it comes to financial situations. in this country it's all about money, your relationships with people, government depend on money
i have lost a lot (my family, friends, my position) but does that worth the price of freedom? in my prospective NO
good luck.
As a note of caution it is much easier to prove sexual orientation vs being an atheist. If you have been actively involved in an atheist movement/community and have lots of proof that might be different but just saying you're an atheist there is no chance you will be approved. Much easier to move as an economic immigrant or via student visa.

Jblareink

Apr 3, 2018
If you could find something in Saudi law that makes it illegal for someone to openly discuss their beliefs (such as atheism) and outline what could happen to you if the government found out you were an atheist, if you refused to wear traditional muslim clothing or go to prayer based on that belief then you might be able to get by on the grounds of religious persecution. You'd need to prove that your atheism puts you at risk of death, injury or imprisonment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you could find something in Saudi law that makes it illegal for someone to openly discuss their beliefs (such as atheism) and outline what could happen to you if the government found out you were an atheist, if you refused to wear traditional muslim clothing or go to prayer based on that belief then you might be able to get by on the grounds of religious persecution. You'd need to prove that your atheism puts you at risk of death, injury or imprisonment.
You also have to show that you are a practicing atheist. Sounds weird but if you are claiming religious persecution you have to show how you are taking steps to avoid practicing a religion. If you were practicing another religion it would be easier to prove but essentially you have the same burden of proof.

Blue sky00

Mar 28, 2018
You guys are awesome.
Thank you for all these information.
Well, my freedom ofspeech life her in Saudi Arabia is sucks. I cant shear my opinion nor i can practice as an athiests.
I haven't thread yet but i have heaters people.
The biggest problem is that the dangerous action come one time (hope you follow me) i mean i may get killd or go to jail at least. At that time my thread proof is useless.
Why they need for a proof for something very obvious. Our law says any religion or belief than Islam is forbidden and that person deserve to be killd.
I know that you are not Justin Trudeau but i had to say my opinion.
Again, thanks a lot people for trying to help me.
Hope you have a great day all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately there are millions of people in the world who can't openly share their opinions and don't have freedom of speech. You need more to apply for asylum. Perhaps you should look into other methods of coming to Canada other than asylum.

Blue sky00

Mar 28, 2018
Unfortunately there are millions of people in the world who can't openly share their opinions and don't have freedom of speech. You need more to apply for asylum. Perhaps you should look into other methods of coming to Canada other than asylum.

Thank you for reply
You may right but I don't want to lie unless is necessary and the only way to protect my life. The thing force people such as me to leave my home country is being an Atheist in Muslim community and law.
What dangerous life worse than this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for reply
You may right but I don't want to lie unless is necessary and the only way to protect my life. The thing force people such as me to leave my home country is being an Atheist in Muslim community and law.
What dangerous life worse than this?
Nothing is stopping you from leaving your country and settling somewhere else. To claim asylum in Canada and many other countries you will need to show that you are in more imminent danger because people are aware of your views.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue sky00