AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I said there was second class citizenship while the Cons' citizenship stripping law was in effect. I didn't say that was the only time there was second class citizenship. I also gave a rather lengthy explanation as to why "not being able to pass on citizenship," doesn't create a second class citizenship, but you appear to have missed it. In any event, you were flat out wrong that citizenship can be stripped for anything other than fraud today, despite your repeated insistence to the contrary.
Yes, you got me on the removal of treason from citizenship act that I wasn't aware.

However the premise of "2nd class citizenship" argument is that some Canadians are affected while others none.

So why is it okay according to you that some Canadians are treated differently when it comes to passing citizenship (despite your lengthy explanation) and it is not okay when some Canadians can be stripped of citizenship. Canadians under both situations are treated differently, are they not? Hard to claim "2nd class citizenship" only applies to "citizenship stripping" and not apply to "passing of citizenship".

Last edited:

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006

So why is it okay according to you that some Canadians are treated differently when it comes to passing citizenship (despite your lengthy explanation) and it is not okay when some Canadians can be stripped of citizenship. Canadians under both situations are treated differently, are they not? Hard to claim "2nd class citizenship" only applies to "citizenship stripping" and not apply to "passing of citizenship".
I didn't say I was OK with it as a matter of policy, but the disparate legal treatment in the case of who becomes a Canadian citizens at birth applies not to people who are already Canadian citizens, but to their children--who may or may not be Canadian citizens. Do you understand the difference? In the case of the Cons' citizenship stripping, the disparate treatment is accorded to Canadian citizens, based on some arbitrary and often uncontrollable feature (claim to a another citizenship). In the case of who becomes a citizen at birth, the treatment is accorded to persons who have not yet acquired Canadian citizenship and are not on Canadian soil. The citizenship status of their Canadian citizen parent(s) is not affected.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Why do we always see post/questions like this from people who usually never lived a day and paid a penny to the system in Canada, wondering how they can get the citizenship with just little to no effort? must feel like a giant slap in the face for those who actually have lived here and made actual contribution to this country for years, but still see no end of their journey to citizenship

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Probably mostly Americans who are fed up with their President they voted for in the first place anyway..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Probably mostly Americans who are fed up with their President they voted for in the first place anyway..
I actually have no problem with them doing this - I would have done the same if I were in the same shoes, it’s just really disappointing that the government would make it lot easier for them to get citizenship, while for hard working PRs who are physically living and paying tax in Canada, it’s been one big hurdle after another

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you can also "own your parents/grandparents"? Is that what you are saying? I am failing to see your "apple to apple" comparison of a group of people with PGP with those who own a vacation home.

I am not going to go into a tangent discussion about your ridiculous PGP/vacation home comparison. My original argument for support of sibling sponsorship over PGP sponsorship with Avadava's post still stands.
No, that's not what I said. Yes, you failed to see the comparison. You were the one who compared PGP with assets and commodities owned by you. Shame on you.

Similarly, I am not going to go into a tangent discussion about your ridiculous argument for support of sibling sponsorship over PGP sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I actually have no problem with them doing this - I would have done the same if I were in the same shoes, it’s just really disappointing that the government would make it lot easier for them to get citizenship, while for hard working PRs who are physically living and paying tax in Canada, it’s been one big hurdle after another
There is a very big difference between someone who needs to "get citizenship" and someone who was born a Canadian citizen.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
There is a very big difference between someone who needs to "get citizenship" and someone who was born a Canadian citizen.
I was referring to the OP’s kids and wife , as well as numerous other OPs who’s grandparents were Canadian and parents never spent a day in Canada but were born Canadian, and now ask if they were Canadians- just to be clear here

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was referring to the OP’s kids and wife , as well as numerous other OPs who’s grandparents were Canadian and parents never spent a day in Canada but were born Canadian, and now ask if they were Canadians- just to be clear here
Your post still doesn't make sense. You stated that the government makes it a lot easier for these people to get citizenship. It doesn't. Either they are born Canadian or they have to go the same route as you to "get citizenship".

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Your post still doesn't make sense. You stated that the government makes it a lot easier for these people to get citizenship. It doesn't. Either they are born Canadian or they have to go the same route as you to "get citizenship".
Ok fine, please ignore it, thanks and have a good day

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
No, that's not what I said. Yes, you failed to see the comparison. You were the one who compared PGP with assets and commodities owned by you. Shame on you.

Similarly, I am not going to go into a tangent discussion about your ridiculous argument for support of sibling sponsorship over PGP sponsorship.
That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion with your Vacation home/PGP comparison over my sibling / PGP sponsorship comparison.

Last edited:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I didn't say I was OK with it as a matter of policy, but the disparate legal treatment in the case of who becomes a Canadian citizens at birth applies not to people who are already Canadian citizens, but to their children--who may or may not be Canadian citizens. Do you understand the difference? In the case of the Cons' citizenship stripping, the disparate treatment is accorded to Canadian citizens, based on some arbitrary and often uncontrollable feature (claim to a another citizenship). In the case of who becomes a citizen at birth, the treatment is accorded to persons who have not yet acquired Canadian citizenship and are not on Canadian soil. The citizenship status of their Canadian citizen parent(s) is not affected.
I am not talking about the children. You are deflecting the issue and talking about the children getting citizenship or not. I'm talking about the Canadian parents who can and can't pass on the citizenship. As under current laws, is it your opinion that Canadian parents who can't pass on citizenship are "2nd class citizen" or not? This is the question I'm asking you.

Last edited:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Off-topic: Well, not that it matters, but more people voted for Hillary than Trump.
Trump did lose the popular vote but it was very close, like a couple of %. The electoral vote was a landslide though. In fact, the popular vote difference was solely due to the state of California, where Hillary Clinton won over 3 million votes more than Trump... Take out that state, the rest of America surely liked Trump more..

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Trump did lose the popular vote but it was very close, like a couple of %. The electoral vote was a landslide though. In fact, the popular vote difference was solely due to the state of California, where Hillary Clinton won over 3 million votes more than Trump... Take out that state, the rest of America surely liked Trump more..
Ok, couple % is very close (it maybe the second biggest popular vote trail for a winning President, but thats irrelevant). Lets take out California too from the stats. Now, cool down.