+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are FSW-Inland applications from 2020 being processed?

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
called today, found out the office is Ottawa, Eligibility passed,,,,criminality and security are processing...medical expired but the agent said it will like ly be extended. Details in my signature. AOR 7.21

Last edited:

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Any updates for fsw inland?
Jack squat man.... Seems only CEC being processed, they forgot us FSW inlands... Called today to enquire...still no change...completed 11 months since AOR, approaching 12th month now......

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Jack squat man.... Seems only CEC being processed, they forgot us FSW inlands... Called today to enquire...still no change...completed 11 months since AOR, approaching 12th month now......
same here 10+ no changes -- got few gu on feb 1 but no progress.. will order 4th GCMS notes at end of feb.. not even med extended --

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Due to the impacts of COVID-19
  • we’re experiencing processing delays
  • we’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions
  • depending on your application type, you may not have heard from us or seen changes in your application status
    • If you’ve had a medical exam or given biometrics, they won’t show in your account until we process them.
    • We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SVSD

jcpn

Feb 28, 2020
they are prioritizing CEC now. I don't know if they can tell apart FSW inland from outland in their filter. I believe they will only get back to FSW after all this COVID situation. Too sad, but that is what is happening :(

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Express Entry applications
Canadian Experience Class applications
  • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
    • You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
  • We have started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.

• Sad

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
they are prioritizing CEC now. I don't know if they can tell apart FSW inland from outland in their filter. I believe they will only get back to FSW after all this COVID situation. Too sad, but that is what is happening :(

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
    • You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.
this needs to change don't know how but this needs to change......Its really frustrating

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Looks like we are all at Eligibility Passed, Criminality in Progress and Security Not started phase...
Same here, no updates since April.

Another very annoying fact is that withdrawing an existing EE application is a complicated and very slow process. Since I've recently accumulated 1 year of Canadian experience, I was looking into withdrawing my FSW-Inland application, and re-applying afresh through the CEC stream. Turns out in order to withdraw an EE application, one would need to submit a special webform, which might take several months to process, especially nowadays. Until the webform is approved by an IRCC officer you are pretty much blocked. The CIC portal will let creating a new EE application (e.g., a CEC one) only once the status of the old one changes to "Withdrawn".

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020

it will be a joke if the recent 27000 got approved before us.

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
it will be a joke if the recent 27000 got approved before us.
Seems like a joke to me now ...people applied after us are getting COPRs while we sit here barking our throats down just to be heard enough to get what we deserve equally as others....

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Seems like a joke to me now ...people applied after us are getting COPRs while we sit here barking our throats down just to be heard enough to get what we deserve equally as others....
I hope Ottawa one day just woke up and realized there were 100 of us waiting still and approve us all lol.

jcpn

Feb 28, 2020
Lets just hope the COVID situation starts to get better soon... I wouldn't be surprised if our process takes almost 2 years :(