+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are fixed deposit accepted for proof of funds?

souradeep

Feb 19, 2018
Hey guys, can I show fixed deposit as proof of funds from my Canada student visa?
The fd is in my mom's name and it's more than 6 months old. I have collected a letter from bank stating the equivalent amount in Canadian dollars.

Should I do any affidavit or just the letter from bank and fd certificate enough?

Awaiting for the response..

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hey guys, can I show fixed deposit as proof of funds from my Canada student visa?
The fd is in my mom's name and it's more than 6 months old. I have collected a letter from bank stating the equivalent amount in Canadian dollars.

Should I do any affidavit or just the letter from bank and fd certificate enough?

Awaiting for the response..
Just write in your SOP that she is sponsoring your education and the bank letter should be enough. there is no harm in attaching extra documents. The damage only happens when sufficient docs are not attach. Go ahead and attach the affidavit too.

souradeep

Feb 19, 2018
Any format of affidavit? Sample?
Just write in your SOP that she is sponsoring your education and the bank letter should be enough. there is no harm in attaching extra documents. The damage only happens when sufficient docs are not attach. Go ahead and attach the affidavit too.

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi @Helican please I am also using fixed deposit in my name, it’s more than six months old, the bank has issued an FD certificate will that be sufficient????

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
It works but make sure you have a letter fron bank clearly stating that funds can be withdrawn at account holders request n conditions applied