+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are bank statements from home country accepted as POF?

ba24123n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello, I read somewhere in this forum only that it is better to open an account at Scotiabank or any other Canadian bank, transfer the funds and then get a balance statement. As balance statements from that of one's home country are not accepted by the officer during landing formalities ? Is that true ?

Also, I got to show an amount of 13000 CAD as proof of funds. Can that be in cash that I carry+bank account (or) only in bank account and get more seperately in cash ? The reason I am asking is, can I first deposit the 13000 in bank, get a statement and then withdraw some of it in cash ? Or the entire 13000 has to be in a bank account ?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello, I read somewhere in this forum only that it is better to open an account at Scotiabank or any other Canadian bank, transfer the funds and then get a balance statement. As balance statements from that of one's home country are not accepted by the officer during landing formalities ? Is that true ?

Also, I got to show an amount of 13000 CAD as proof of funds. Can that be in cash that I carry+bank account (or) only in bank account and get more seperately in cash ? The reason I am asking is, can I first deposit the 13000 in bank, get a statement and then withdraw some of it in cash ? Or the entire 13000 has to be in a bank account ?
Not true, can be in any country/currency as long as you have documents to prove you have access

Can be in any form with updated documentation (cash, banking statements, etc)

Also as a practical matter, most of the folks are let in just based on verbal answers

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

No you can even login to your banking app. In my case, no one asked us for that.