+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are 5 persons allowed to live in a 2 bedroom accommodation???

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,
I am planning to land with my family(2+2) in first week of September in Calgary ,if God's will.My younger brother who has also got his PR recently ,also planning to land in the same city with simillar dates as mine,so we are thinking of sharing a 2 bedroom furnished apartment for a month only.So in that case we will be altogether 5 persons,2 kids of less than 18 ,and 3 adults.

So are we allowed by law to live in a 2 bedroom apartment (for one month only) or should we rent a 3 bedroom accommodation only

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is easier to check with the property management company, especially if you are renting.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
It is easier to check with the property management company, especially if you are renting.
That depends on the "quality" of the company / landlord :)

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Thnx everyone for ur inputs.
Yeah surely I will be able to rent the property ONLY WITH WILL of the owner but I needed to ask what does law of Alberta says about it.

Can anyone provide me any official link for the clearification.

Thnx

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I can't see why it would be a problem, it isn't much different to when we came over and stayed with my sister for a 3 week holiday. We slept in the living room, she & her hubby were in their room and my nephews were in theirs.
Long term, I can't imagine that it's ok but haven't found anything to confirm it either way

chefchopra7

Star Member
Apr 7, 2009
Avoid coming together You come first take two bed room set and your brother will join you,
very simple

Good Luck