hopefully waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by December 2012
ihabkal said:
I wouldn't know sorry, I live in Ontario, I have immigrant architect freinds who lived in Montreal who told me they couldn't find a job there so they moved to Ontario and now they are working.
Really? Oh my, we are planning to land in Alberta......Is Ontario a greener pasture for architects than the other provinces? We might consider change plans now....

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I meant they couldn't find jobs in Montral, ALberta I don't know about it.
Toronto has a lot of Architecture firms they hire all the time but their requirments are unbelievable. they all want soemone to do the jobs of 5 people. In America where I lived it was easier they like specialized people who do one job the best way possible. here they want to save money so they want someone to do 5 different jobs in a mediocre way.

Jul 13, 2012
I am also registered architect in the philippines with 5 years in experience in drafting and design, I know how to use latest drawing softwares like autocad, 3d max, sketchup, revit, photoshop,

but like everyone said even if we had the skills or experience, employers always select canadians because the level of education and work process here is higher,

we cannot practice our profession here unless we take the long process of licensing and it will cost equivalent or more of our show money.

my target is to find work as Architectural Draftsman, btw there are many definitions of draftsman here in canada, you should know that, like drafting technician, technologist, etc.

I also having a hard time looking for job because our profession a difficult trade,

try to look for survival jobs and upgrade your skills like going to trainings w/ certifications that would help your credentials more effective to find job.

regards and good luck!!

sodapop

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
IELTS Request
included with other documents
File Transfer...
12-14-2011
Med's Request
01-13-2012
Med's Done....
02-13-2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by December 2012
albertboncalos said:
I am also registered architect in the philippines with 5 years in experience in drafting and design, I know how to use latest drawing softwares like autocad, 3d max, sketchup, revit, photoshop,

but like everyone said even if we had the skills or experience, employers always select canadians because the level of education and work process here is higher,

we cannot practice our profession here unless we take the long process of licensing and it will cost equivalent or more of our show money.

my target is to find work as Architectural Draftsman, btw there are many definitions of draftsman here in canada, you should know that, like drafting technician, technologist, etc.

I also having a hard time looking for job because our profession a difficult trade,

try to look for survival jobs and upgrade your skills like going to trainings w/ certifications that would help your credentials more effective to find job.

regards and good luck!!
wow thanks for the insight...we are landing soon..may God bless us!

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
ihabkal said:
they like Architects who do everything from meeting clients, desining the project, working drawings to code, site supervision, interior design, 3d renderings, 2d drafting, you will need to know to do 4 or 5 people's job and then you will get hired very next day. they like jack of all trades here to save money on paying 5 salaries. honest truth. in America they like specialization. here they want 1 guy to do 5 jobs. they're 10 years behind Amrica in everything.
I agree 100%

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sodapop!

Have you landed here in canada already? Let me know of your job search. I am an architect by profession also and landed here in toronto.

All the best!

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
ihabkal said:
I meant they couldn't find jobs in Montral, ALberta I don't know about it.
Toronto has a lot of Architecture firms they hire all the time but their requirments are unbelievable. they all want soemone to do the jobs of 5 people. In America where I lived it was easier they like specialized people who do one job the best way possible. here they want to save money so they want someone to do 5 different jobs in a mediocre way.
well it is the same here in the middle east, my husband and i are both architects, we are going to land next month but we are coming back to our country to prepare. i think it is essential the preparation, networking and trying to be creative in convincing the firms that you can do several things at the same time.

on another hand, please tell us your status? did you find a job? did you find at least some internship position?