acm

Mar 10, 2010
Hi all,
I was deported because of unsuccessful refugee claim on March 09

My wife sponsored me to CPC-M @ Jul 09
Medical was already done.
File got transferred to Singapore AUG 09
My Lawyer submitted ARC with the fee on DEC 09

I got the RPRF letter on February 6th, Paid & Sent on February 9th. Please share your valuable experience/thoughts about what's next to expect & when. Feel free to fill in with any information.

Is RPRF is a good sign?

Thank you all in advance.

ACM

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there ACM,

There are a few of us needing ARC's so hopefully between myself and them (Sassy75 is one that I share experiences with) - we can give you our thoughts.
I am guessing that a RPRF is a great sign. If they asked for your fees and then this - they likely made a positive decision on the ARC and need to finalize the file.

I hope and pray ours follows similar timelines as Sassy's husband just submitted his fees in January and mine in late February.

So if you don't mind - keep us in the loop with what happens. Did your lawyer give you any inclination as to what this all means?

Take care and good luck, Homesoon

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From cic.gc.ca website - see below... so my interpretation is that they need this fee to finalize the application. You could have submitted sooner - but now that they are asking I would guess that the next update would be requesting for your passport! ...... ;D

Payment of the appropriate cost recovery processing fee or proof of payment must be included
with the application for the service requested. The application for a service will not be processed
without payment of the correct fee, and the application will not be considered “locked in” until
either the fees or proof of payment have been received. However, this does not apply to the
RPRF, which can be paid at any point during the process prior to the issuance of the immigrant
visa or the acquisition of permanent resident status.

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sassy - on the same note - have you guys paid your RPRF? I just emailed my lawyer (thanks to ACM for bringing it to my attention) because I don't think we have. Based on the information on the website - if it's not paid - it means ANOTHER bring-forward date.
Anyhow, just wanted to bring it up and I know you'll be reading this thread :)

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
homesoon,

yes we paid it upfront when we sent in our original application.

acm

Mar 10, 2010
Thank you homesoon :)

Great information's!!!!!

I'll keep you guys updated, take care & good luck.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I am also dealing with an ARC case.

I haven't paid RPRF yet but I am thinking I should do so seeing that I may get a letter very soon for an interview.

The visa post hasn't requested anything regarding ARC either so I am not sure if I should just go ahead and pay the fees, include a statement and see what happens from there on.

kingtreek

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Hi guys i wish u all luck in yo case

I had a question about an ARC , i had paid all the fees and recived Passport request ,i went to Canadiand Embassy in Turkey ,Ankara to pick a visa ,they told me to come back at 4 pm,when igot there at 4 they have told me that couse u were deported u have to do an ARC,i have paid the fees at the spot ,,,,and before the departure from Canada i bought the ticket myself.

so what do u think guys How long will it take now them to finalise the ARC ?

and my officer have told at the end, after 30 days

is it possiable ?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
What is a 'bring forward' date????

I keep seeing people mention this detail but have no idea what it means.

Anyone help???

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
i believe it is the date that the responsible IO will next look at your file... when they first look at a file i believe they judge at which time they will have all the information they need... for a simple case, this just involves the background check... every time they have to contact you to ask for information, payment or anything else, it introduces a new bring forward date.... sometimes this has minimial impact on the processing... sometimes it can add months... i believe that's how the BF date works

what i'm not 100% sure of is how one finds out their BF date... i'm sure CAPIS notes would show them, but not sure if there is a way to find out without ordering CAPIS?