Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
Hello Everyone,

I am awaiting AOR for my husbands PR outland applaction that waš recieved by CIC on Jan 16. I understand shortly after recieving AOR we will recieve SA (fingers crossed) and our applaction will be given a čaše number and mailed to the visa office that will process it. I know my husband will require an ARC letter and they will request it when/if the applaction for PR is approved. Is it possible to pro --actively send in the ARC once the visa office is assigned? Does anyone have expierence with this? Just looking to avoid any delays....

Thank you in advance for your advice

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
Re: ARC Letter

Please if anyone has an idea on if sending this is ok....please feel free to help :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: ARK LETTER

What's ARK? Do you mean ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada)? Or do you mean something else?

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014

CanadianInChile said:
Hello Everyone,

I am awaiting AOR for my husbands PR outland applaction that waš recieved by CIC on Jan 16. I understand shortly after recieving AOR we will recieve SA (fingers crossed) and our applaction will be given a čaše number and mailed to the visa office that will process it. I know my husband will require an ARK letter and they will request it when/if the applaction for PR is approved. Is it possible to pro --actively send in the ARK once the visa office is assigned? Does anyone have expierence with this? Just looking to avoid any delays....

If it is an ARC you require (rather than ARK) then it has to be attached to an application. There are no separate ARC forms, but it does need to be associated with your application, so having it reconciled with your application at this stage is recommended. The ARC and PR application will get assessed together.
That's what I did with mine anyway, following my lawyers advice.
Good luck

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015

BChome said:
If it is an ARC you require (rather than ARK) then it has to be attached to an application. There are no separate ARC forms, but it does need to be associated with your application, so having it reconciled with your application at this stage is recommended. The ARC and PR application will get assessed together.
That's what I did with mine anyway letter. , following my lawyers advice.
G
Omg so embarressing I wrote ARK not ARC. Yes I meant ARC letter. Thank you both for your responses. Once my file is given a number and sent to the visa office, do you feel I can then send a ARC letter in...then once the applaction is processed they have it there without needing to request it? Is that what you have done?

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015

scylla said:
What's ARK? Do you mean ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada)? Or do you mean something else?

Yes I did :p Sorry. I thought I was down with the lingo and acranems, feel stupid now.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....

CanadianInChile said:
Omg so embarressing I wrote ARK not ARC. Yes I meant ARC letter. Thank you both for your responses. Once my file is given a number and sent to the visa office, do you feel I can then send a ARC letter in...then once the applaction is processed they have it there without needing to request it? Is that what you have done?
Yep basically, mine was submitted half way through my PR application when it became apparent that I'd need one. I wasn't even aware that CIC would request it, I thought the onus was on the applicant to ask?
This is the basic info CIC provide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp
This goes into far more detail; its section 6, pg 25 onwards, and there's a sample ARC letter in the appendix http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf
Your ARC would refer to your PR application to take effect when you land. (You'd only need the TRP attached if you're planning to enter Canada before your PR is decided.)
I'm not an expert, but I recommend that you do speak to a lawyer that has experience in this particular area before submitting your ARC, even just to check it over to make sure that its covering all points needed. As the CIC web says the decision is up to their discretion, with certain criteria to fulfil, and no guarantees. It all depends on the individual situation I suppose.
I still don't know the outcome of my application yet!

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015

BChome said:
Yep, basically, mine was submitted half way through my PR application when it became apparent that I'd need one. I wasn't even aware that CIC would request it, I thought the onus was on the applicant to ask?
This is the basic info CIC provide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp
Your ARC would refer to your PR application to take effect when you land. (You'd only need the TRP attached if you're planning to enter Canada before your PR is decided.)
I'm not an expert, but I recommend that you do speak to a lawyer that has experience in this particular area before submitting your ARC, even just to check it over to make sure that its covering all points needed. As the CIC web says the decision is up to their discretion, with certain criteria to fulfil, and no guarantees. It all depends on the individual situation I suppose. I still don't know the outcome of my application yet :(

Thank you for the advice. I apreciate it very much!!!! How long has it been since you applied?

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....

CanadianInChile said:
Thank you for the advice. I apreciate it very much!!!! How long has it been since you applied?
Mine's a complicated case, its a long story and shouldn't be taken for standard! Yours will hopefully be a lot quicker!
PR application received Aug 2013 (London, meds done)
Sponsor approval Sept 2013
ARC submitted May 2014
Decision Made Feb 2015 But they still haven't told me what the decision is yet! :eek:

I modified my previous post and put another link to the CIC manual on ARCs, it provides loads more info :)

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015

BChome said:
Mine's a complicated case, its a long story and shouldn't be taken for standard! Yours will hopefully be a lot quicker!
PR application received Aug 2013 (London, meds done)
Sponsor approval Sept 2013
ARC submitted May 2014
Decision Made Feb 2015 But they still haven't told me what the decision is yet! :eek:

I modified my previous post and put another link to the CIC manual on ARCs, it provides loads more info :)
I am sorry to hear of your situation! Mine is complacated too. This is the 3rd time we are applying. My husband was not allowes to apply for 2 years after leavibg Canada and we did not understand. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Playa08

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-09-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-08-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
CanadianInChile said:
Hello Everyone,

I am awaiting AOR for my husbands PR outland applaction that waš recieved by CIC on Jan 16. I understand shortly after recieving AOR we will recieve SA (fingers crossed) and our applaction will be given a čaše number and mailed to the visa office that will process it. I know my husband will require an ARC letter and they will request it when/if the applaction for PR is approved. Is it possible to pro --actively send in the ARC once the visa office is assigned? Does anyone have expierence with this? Just looking to avoid any delays....

We will also require an ARC I'm assuming but haven't been asked for it yet by CIC. Now I'm getting nervous as I don't want it to delay our application. It does state that CIC will process the ARC while processing the PR. I'd like to know of other people's experiences.