+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC help

Micael J

Feb 6, 2024
I decided to try to immigrate to Canada several years ago (due to my parents also trying when I was young), I ended up overstaying due to basic negligence and being told all kinds of diferent things from immigration advisors that led me to give up on trying and I overstayed for 12 years.
I eventually got married to a woman who is First Nations, we had a child together, was informed by legal advise that I needed an ARC to get PR and such needed to leave the country to submit it.
As I did so willingly and turns out I never actually needed to leave the country and things would've been easier to process there.
Im now stuck in Portugal(don't need a visa) I tried for eTA and was rejected, submitted just the ARC letter and payment receipt on my own to the Canadian embassy in France a month ago but forgot to pay for prepaid airway bill thus I don't even know if I should just wait and they'll try to contact me by email or need to submit it again with prepaid airway or another ARC payment/receipt.
Meanwhile my wife is there taking care of a house, our 1 and half year old son and online school program by herself and Im stuck here and can barely speak Portuguese.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I decided to try to immigrate to Canada several years ago (due to my parents also trying when I was young), I ended up overstaying due to basic negligence and being told all kinds of diferent things from immigration advisors that led me to give up on trying and I overstayed for 12 years.
I eventually got married to a woman who is First Nations, we had a child together, was informed by legal advise that I needed an ARC to get PR and such needed to leave the country to submit it.
As I did so willingly and turns out I never actually needed to leave the country and things would've been easier to process there.
Im now stuck in Portugal(don't need a visa) I tried for eTA and was rejected, submitted just the ARC letter and payment receipt on my own to the Canadian embassy in France a month ago but forgot to pay for prepaid airway bill thus I don't even know if I should just wait and they'll try to contact me by email or need to submit it again with prepaid airway or another ARC payment/receipt.
Meanwhile my wife is there taking care of a house, our 1 and half year old son and online school program by herself and Im stuck here and can barely speak Portuguese.
Has your spouse already applied to sponsor you for PR?

I'm not sure what to recommend for the ARC.

Micael J

Feb 6, 2024
Has your spouse already applied to sponsor you for PR?

I'm not sure what to recommend for the ARC.
We considered it when we married however we decided to wait a year due to wanting to move, then covid happened.
currently she is studying online with government assistance so there is a higher risk of rejection and she’d need provide proof that she can support me for 3 or 5 years according to the sponsorship papers, to which she also can not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We considered it when we married however we decided to wait a year due to wanting to move, then covid happened.
currently she is studying online with government assistance so there is a higher risk of rejection and she’d need provide proof that she can support me for 3 or 5 years according to the sponsorship papers, to which she also can not.
If she is on social assistance (apart for disability reasons) then she does not qualify to sponsor you. So that sounds like the right decision.

I would be tempted to submit the ARC application again if you didn't pay all of the fees. Are you sure you need an ARC based on the eta refusal reasons?

Micael J

Feb 6, 2024
If she is on social assistance (apart for disability reasons) then she does not qualify to sponsor you. So that sounds like the right decision.

I would be tempted to submit the ARC application again if you didn't pay all of the fees. Are you sure you need an ARC based on the eta refusal reasons?
Yes, eTA was refused due to not having ARC approved (hadn’t submitted it yet).
Problem is now do I have to pay for a new ARC receipt (460$) or do I just resubmit everything exactly the same with just added pre paid airway bill or just wait and see if they email me