+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC, help to write the letter for the embassy

Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I´m mexican and I was given an exclusion order for 1 year because I worked without a work permit. I want to apply for an ARC in order to be allowed to return next year within february or march but I have to write a letter in detail explaining why should they allow me to return.

If somebody has an example or tips about how to write the letter I would be so glad, also, if somebody knows about how long does it take to have an answer, that would help me too.

Hope to have an answer of you , I appreciate it and wish you good luck with your situations.

Regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone, I´m mexican and I was given an exclusion order for 1 year because I worked without a work permit. I want to apply for an ARC in order to be allowed to return next year within february or march but I have to write a letter in detail explaining why should they allow me to return.

If somebody has an example or tips about how to write the letter I would be so glad, also, if somebody knows about how long does it take to have an answer, that would help me too.

Hope to have an answer of you , I appreciate it and wish you good luck with your situations.

Regards.
What is your reason for returning? Given the fact that you worked illegally, there is little chance of approval. What is to stop you from just working illegally again?

Nov 13, 2019
What is your reason for returning? Given the fact that you worked illegally, there is little chance of approval. What is to stop you from just working illegally again?
Well, actually I have a job offer from a canadian company that I think that´s a good point for me. I worked 3 months illegally and then the company gave me the job offer so when I went to the POE to get my work permit they refused it because they realized that I worked without the permit. The other thing is that just happened 3 weeks ago so I don´t know if I should wait more time to apply for the ARC or I can do it right now.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Read these two blocks of information from the IRCC website about ARCs. First:
Before applying, consider why you were issued an enforcement order, as well as your current situation. For example, if you were deported because you were working illegally in Canada, are not currently employed and cannot prove strong ties to your home country, the officer is unlikely to be satisfied that you would respect the terms and conditions of your stay in Canada.

If the circumstances that led to the removal order being issued have not changed, it is less likely that you will be given permission to return.
Second:
If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating), you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee.

Reactions: Jason Perlestein
Nov 13, 2019
It's only been three weeks since you got the 1 year exclusion order?
Yes, it´s been only 3 weeks. What I know so far, it is no obligated time to be outside of canada in order to apply for the ARC, but I am not sure if I should wait more time.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's going to be very hard to overcome what happened three weeks ago. You were working illegally in Canada and want to take up work again.

And read what I posted above, having done your research for you: you cannot apply for the ARC if you are applying for a work permit. You apply for the work permit and you will be considered for an ARC in the context of that application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well, actually I have a job offer from a canadian company that I think that´s a good point for me. I worked 3 months illegally and then the company gave me the job offer so when I went to the POE to get my work permit they refused it because they realized that I worked without the permit. The other thing is that just happened 3 weeks ago so I don´t know if I should wait more time to apply for the ARC or I can do it right now.
That is not a compelling reason to overcome the fact that you worked illegally, especially so recently. Expect a refusal.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Does your potential employer have an approved LIMA? That will be the first of many hurdles.

Reactions: Jason Perlestein

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
While there isn't a period of time stated before you apply, IRCC isn't under any obligation to process it expeditiously. As everyone has indicated, I would expect a refusal. Working illegally is seriously frowned upon.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
While there isn't a period of time stated before you apply, IRCC isn't under any obligation to process it expeditiously. As everyone has indicated, I would expect a refusal. Working illegally is seriously frowned upon.
Indeed. You may see a year's processing time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Note that since you worked illegally, you are facing a six month ban from applying for a work permit. Go ahead and apply for the arc, but make sure you wait six months before attempting to get a work permit again at the border.

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Note that since you worked illegally, you are facing a six month ban from applying for a work permit. Go ahead and apply for the arc, but make sure you wait six months before attempting to get a work permit again at the border.
Hello, scylla
I am in a family sponsorship finally after almost six years IRCC sent me this... .....

Good day,
This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.
We would like to confirm the submission of the following:

- ARC fee CAD $400

-IRB

Please note that we have not received the following:
- A letter explaining why there are special considerations which would justify your return to Canada.
Please submit this letter as soon as you can.
Please note this is the last reuirement for your file to be completed and soon to be finalized.
But I don't now how to.write the letter!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, scylla
I am in a family sponsorship finally after almost six years IRCC sent me this... .....

Good day,
This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.
We would like to confirm the submission of the following:

- ARC fee CAD $400

-IRB

Please note that we have not received the following:
- A letter explaining why there are special considerations which would justify your return to Canada.
Please submit this letter as soon as you can.
Please note this is the last reuirement for your file to be completed and soon to be finalized.
But I don't now how to.write the letter!
Unfortunately I don't have any experience writing such a letter.

You may want to hire a lawyer to help you if you're not sure what to write.