+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC (authorization to return to Canada) helppppp please

Rommelco

Nov 29, 2012
hello
I need your help

I have already sent my medical tests and pending the results, a few days ago I received a letter from migration of Canada, which says the following, "Our records show you were ordered That Deported on About July 2011. As You Were Previously Deported from Canada, you are currently inadmissible to Canada and you require authorization to return to Canada if you wish to continue with This application for a permanent resident visa.
Should you decide to apply for authorization to return to Canada, you must Indicate why special considerations apply in your case (send a written explanation) and pay a processing fee of CAN $ 400.00. '
I was in Canada, 20 years ago, and apply for refugee status, of which my request was denied, and I left when I was asked in the 30-day period. I have committed no crime or misdemeanor in the time I was in Canadaneither have I returned to Canada for any reason in all these years.

my question is:
- This affects my process of obtaining permanent residency?
- How long it takes to give me an answer?
- Where I can find ARC form?

THANK YOU

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Rommelco said:
hello
I need your help

I have already sent my medical tests and pending the results, a few days ago I received a letter from migration of Canada, which says the following, "Our records show you were ordered That Deported on About July 2011. As You Were Previously Deported from Canada, you are currently inadmissible to Canada and you require authorization to return to Canada if you wish to continue with This application for a permanent resident visa.
Should you decide to apply for authorization to return to Canada, you must Indicate why special considerations apply in your case (send a written explanation) and pay a processing fee of CAN $ 400.00. '
I was in Canada, 20 years ago, and apply for refugee status, of which my request was denied, and I left when I was asked in the 30-day period. I have committed no crime or misdemeanor in the time I was in Canadaneither have I returned to Canada for any reason in all these years.

my question is:

THANK YOU
Were you deported in July 2011? If not, you could always attempt to argue that this is an error. More likely, your departure order became a deportation order in July 2011.

When you left Canada, did you check in with CBSA and obtain the paperwork showing that you had departed? If not, you need to collect evidence that you left on your own within the specified period of time - stamps in your passport, or boarding passes from the airline.

An unacknowledged departure counts the same as no departure under the regulations, BUT you can provide this as mitigating circumstances (e.g., you complied but failed to obtain the relevant paperwork.) Alternatively, you can contact CBSA and give them the evidence and see if they will agree to remove the deportation order because you DID honour the departure order.

A departure order automatically becomes a deportation order when someone who has been issued a departure order does not leave Canada as required or leaves Canada without confirming his or her departure with the CBSA.
Source: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/facts-faits/051-eng.html

You should also review ENF 11: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf11-eng.pdf

This deals with the verification of departure, which is what you failed to properly obtain and why you now need an ARC.

An ARC generally takes 6-12 months to process but otherwise will not prevent you from obtaining PR, provided that you are able to explain to the officer's satisfaction why you should be allowed to return to Canada (an unacknowledged departure prior to July 2011 may qualify. I've never gone through the ARC process.)

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rommelco said:
hello
I need your help

my question is:

THANK YOU

Hi which Visa Office you are dealing with and when did you send medical and other documents and how many days after sending medical you got ARC request...

Rommelco

Nov 29, 2012
Hi
My visa officer is in Colombia, after sending medical tests at four weeks I was asked the ARC.
ARC has to be a very detailed letter, call the letter of forgiveness, if they accept the letter they ask you to send the passports for PR.

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rommelco said:
Hi
My visa officer is in Colombia, after sending medical tests at four weeks I was asked the ARC.
ARC has to be a very detailed letter, call the letter of forgiveness, if they accept the letter they ask you to send the passports for PR.
Thanks for replying..

will0624

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
hello i am in the similar case and havent been able to find an answer, i am confused about how to apply for the ARC my wife lived in canada as a refugee but under her parents say they over stayed she got to canada when she was 16 and left at 18 i would appreciate if someone could help me out thank you

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
will0624 said:
hello i am in the similar case and havent been able to find an answer, i am confused about how to apply for the ARC my wife lived in canada as a refugee but under her parents say they over stayed she got to canada when she was 16 and left at 18 i would appreciate if someone could help me out thank you
This should answer your question. It's from the CIC webite:

"If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating), you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee."

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
the whole process about ARC for visitors is confusing to say the least. On CIC website, you click on one link it telsl you something about ARC and another link tells you something else. Why cant there be a damn form for the ARC to make it easy for people to apply? I am confused do you also need to pay visitor visa fee or just the $400 for the ARC. I just submitted mine with a 400 money order, a visit visa form filled out, copy of U.S passport and note explaining why i should be let back in. Lets see if they'll accept the application as complete or return it back in the mail.

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
the whole process about ARC for visitors is confusing to say the least. On CIC website, you click on one link it telsl you something about ARC and another link tells you something else. Why cant there be a damn form for the ARC to make it easy for people to apply? I am confused do you also need to pay visitor visa fee or just the $400 for the ARC. I just submitted mine with a 400 money order, a visit visa form filled out, copy of U.S passport and note explaining why i should be let back in. Lets see if they'll accept the application as complete or return it back in the mail.
Yes, it IS confusing. I had to go through the same thing. You should pay the visa processing fee first. Then when you submit a letter explaining you are applying for ARC as well the CIC will ask you for the ARC fee later!

Please keep me posted what you hear as I'm in the same boat.

roseyantonio

Nov 29, 2019
I have same problem in my case they ask me for my passport and 2 week ofter then they asked me for that I need to applied for ARC
I apply six months ago for a a ARC and I’ll be waiting in line still not received a response from Canada embassy in Colombia so someone can help me tell me how long to take so I will appreciate if someone can help me with that one