+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 27th IELTS candidates let's meet here

segunpaul

Dec 28, 2018
April 27th GT candidates. Let's share our experiences. 6th Attempt. Listening has been the main bane, with consistent 7 in writing, except the last attempt, where I got an 8.5 in listening but unfortunately and much to my chagrin a 6.5 in writing and what is more infuriating, EOR came out unchanged. I am working and praying harder for a CLB 10

Shahrzadmk

Apr 6, 2019
It’s my second try. Hope to get the good score this time. Please share your experience after taking the exam guys

amidell

Apr 16, 2019
Here are the two approaches shared by my tutor on the “LISTENING MODULE”.

The first is to practice with podcasts, talkback radio or any other audio-only recordings. You need a clear focus - start with 10 minutes, then move to 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc. The purpose of this is to develop your skills of focusing purely on sound, but not music. The issue is that these days we rarely need to do this, so it’s a skill that needs to be developed and if independent of language learning.

The other technique that can help you keep concentrating is to create a mental image of the what you hear. Where are the people talking? What does the room , place look like? What are they wearing? You then need to add yourself to this mental picture. In the same way that we can be the third person listening to a conversation over dinner, for example, you need to place yourself into the scene. That may sound strange, but it works :)

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
April 27th GT candidates. Let's share our experiences. 6th Attempt. Listening has been the main bane, with consistent 7 in writing, except the last attempt, where I got an 8.5 in listening but unfortunately and much to my chagrin a 6.5 in writing and what is more infuriating, EOR came out unchanged. I am working and praying harder for a CLB 10
Please share any of your writing here

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
I had 7 in my last writing so I can help to the ability of my performance:)
Please share or writing here or help me to evaluate

Young people spend their free time in shopping malls. This has negative effects on young people and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is seen that Juveniles are spending most of their leisure time in shopping centres. Some people believe that this development has adverse effect on them and society. I am aligned with this thought and believe that this time rather should be spend on some productive activities which therefore aid in their personal development.
To commence with, the main benefit of spending extra time on personality development program is that it helps grooming overall personality. This is because these programs help in inculcating many virtues like cognitive thinking and self-confidence which certainly help them in boosting their confidence and is extremely important to stand in this technological era. For example, it is revealed from survey in New York times that youngsters who spend their free time in vocational trainings are more successful and logical as compared to others. As a result, it will help them in placed and sustaining white collar jobs in this competitive world. Thus, spending free time on productive activities will help them in their personal and professional lives.
Another pivotal aspect to this thought is that, graduates can also spend their free time on some health regimes or physical sport to live healthier lifestyle. By following this they can choose any sport as their career option. To exemplify, Sania mirza, a renowned tennis player used to spend her free time in practicing her hobby and is now she is a professional tennis player. Therefore, spending extra time on physical activities and sports proves beneficial for individual and society
In conclusion, I tend to believe that free time should be organized in way that help in grooming overall personality of an individual which therefore help in later stages of life.

amidell

Apr 16, 2019
How was your speaking and topic please

It went well. I was the first candidate to be tested. The examiner was white and nice.

Please note that the Qs are not totally for verbatim. I have written as much as I can remember.

Part 1 (1 - 2 minutes)

What is your name?

Where do you live?

What do you do in the mornings?

Do you take breakfast?

What was the reason why you chose to live where you do now?

Do you have friends around the axis?

Part 2: (3-4 minutes and I may be asked to stop)

I was given a topic and asked to make some jottings within 1 minute. The topic was as follows:

- which country will you like to visit?

-How will you got there?

- Why would you like to visit the country?

Part 3: Follow up on Part 2

- Do you have friends staying in the country you wish to visit?

- which countries do people from your country usually like visiting and why?

- Can staying at home for holidays be a great idea?

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
It went well. I was the first candidate to be tested. The examiner was white and nice.

Please note that the Qs are not totally for verbatim. I have written as much as I can remember.

Part 1 (1 - 2 minutes)

What is your name?

Where do you live?

What do you do in the mornings?

Do you take breakfast?

What was the reason why you chose to live where you do now?

Do you have friends around the axis?

Part 2: (3-4 minutes and I may be asked to stop)

I was given a topic and asked to make some jottings within 1 minute. The topic was as follows:

- which country will you like to visit?

-How will you got there?

- Why would you like to visit the country?

Part 3: Follow up on Part 2

- Do you have friends staying in the country you wish to visit?

- which countries do people from your country usually like visiting and why?

- Can staying at home for holidays be a great idea?
Which place idp or british

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Here are the two approaches shared by my tutor on the “LISTENING MODULE”.

The first is to practice with podcasts, talkback radio or any other audio-only recordings. You need a clear focus - start with 10 minutes, then move to 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc. The purpose of this is to develop your skills of focusing purely on sound, but not music. The issue is that these days we rarely need to do this, so it’s a skill that needs to be developed and if independent of language learning.

The other technique that can help you keep concentrating is to create a mental image of the what you hear. Where are the people talking? What does the room , place look like? What are they wearing? You then need to add yourself to this mental picture. In the same way that we can be the third person listening to a conversation over dinner, for example, you need to place yourself into the scene. That may sound strange, but it works :)
Oh wow, Now this is something new! Thanks for sharing the tips dear, will try them out and see if it works out.