+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 family sponsorship outland

gomess023

Aug 17, 2023
Submitted passport on September 19 and didn’t get it back yet. Anyone know how long we are supposed to wait?

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hi Everyone - just a quick note for anyone trying to call IRCC. I called today morning and got hold of an agent after 30 mins of staying on the line. I wanted to see whether they actually provide a status update. My spouse's application is stuck on Background Check since Sep 1. The agent did not give me any details and just said the application is set to be processed by May 2024 - which is the standard processing time.

Reactions: YVR123

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Hi Everyone - just a quick note for anyone trying to call IRCC. I called today morning and got hold of an agent after 30 mins of staying on the line. I wanted to see whether they actually provide a status update. My spouse's application is stuck on Background Check since Sep 1. The agent did not give me any details and just said the application is set to be processed by May 2024 - which is the standard processing time.
I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. Mine went from nothing since august 18th to updates as of September 14th. So be patient you’ll get an update in no time. Background checks take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Best bet is to actually contact the VO taking care of your file

Reactions: dun146

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Hey guys question… for those that submitted passports .. did you guys see COPR number before or after getting them back?
I got an update my husbands passport is under processing today at the VAC centre.. but I didn’t see COPR number yet

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. Mine went from nothing since august 18th to updates as of September 14th. So be patient you’ll get an update in no time. Background checks take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Best bet is to actually contact the VO taking care of your file
Thank you - that's reassuring! I wasn't aware we could contact the VO taking care of the file. I don't know my VO. My sponsor approval said CPC, Sydney, NS and PA is in India.

missmypartner

Sep 20, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
Not to worry @dun146. I just received notification that my medical was completed and my background still says processing. I'm sure we will hear something in the next month or so....but I feel your pain of just waiting....and waiting....and waiting!

missmypartner

Sep 20, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
Has anyone else had an issue linking their application to the GsCtracker? I can see updates in my IRCC tracker, but I am not able to link my application to the GCS tracker.

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Thank you - that's reassuring! I wasn't aware we could contact the VO taking care of the file. I don't know my VO. My sponsor approval said CPC, Sydney, NS and PA is in India.
Yes you can. There should be an email for them for you to contact them… you could’ve asked the agent they would’ve given it to you.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hey guys question… for those that submitted passports .. did you guys see COPR number before or after getting them back?
I got an update my husbands passport is under processing today at the VAC centre.. but I didn’t see COPR number yet
Check the documents tab under the tracker.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Has anyone else had an issue linking their application to the GsCtracker? I can see updates in my IRCC tracker, but I am not able to link my application to the GCS tracker.
Are you using the UCI of your PA, or the UCI that came with the AOR?
The AOR UCI is the one you have to use. Regardless if you had a different one before. Also if you have a representative, it will tell your in the Gckey that you need to dismiss you representative in order to link your application.

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
Submitted passport on September 19 and didn’t get it back yet. Anyone know how long we are supposed to wait?
I am in same boat as you. My Passport reach IRCC office on Sept 13th and I am still waiting as of today. Don't know how much more time will it take. But I find it very odd that they keep someone's passport for this long.

missmypartner

Sep 20, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
Are you using the UCI of your PA, or the UCI that came with the AOR?
The AOR UCI is the one you have to use. Regardless if you had a different one before. Also if you have a representative, it will tell your in the Gckey that you need to dismiss you representative in order to link your application.
Thanks....it ended up being I was never putting 2 into the number of people in my application...myself and my sponsor.