App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Thank you for the detail response. I took letter from emlpoyer and provided Canadian Business registration number as well as address of other canadian locations. infact letter stated that we havemain Head Quarter in Michigan USA and provided that address also in the letter along with company website link. reason per GCMS they said "unable to verify company as company closed Canadian Operations in Oct 2022" for which letter also states reason for the closure and what I did after that closure.

I will check if they can provide me with something else as my compan got took over by big company so in that letter they mentioned parent company name also.

do you think should I wait for IRCC to ask if they needed any further documents and then reply as they might be satisfied what I have provided as a letter on companty letter head.
Sam, your case seems complicated due the legal re-org your employer seem to have done, as IRCC analyst has identified. I feel you should better speak to a proper immigration attorney with sound legal knowledge on these company laws, not a random RCIC. That legal person might be able to tell you more accurately which document IRCC might be expecting in your scenario.

I personally feel you have submitted to IRCC all you humanely could. I see there is no point in troubling your employer asking for more letters without knowing what IRCC exactly wants. However most of us in these forums are not legal experts to give you 100% assurance to point to the exact needed document or detail IRCC needs.

If I were in your situation I would have taken legal advice by now and not hesitate about the associated costs.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
Sam, your case seems complicated due the legal re-org your employer seem to have done, as IRCC analyst has identified. I feel you should better speak to a proper immigration attorney with sound legal knowledge on these company laws, not a random RCIC. That legal person might be able to tell you more accurately which document IRCC might be expecting in your scenario.

I personally feel you have submitted to IRCC all you humanely could. I see there is no point in troubling your employer asking for more letters without knowing what IRCC exactly wants. However most of us in these forums are not legal experts to give you 100% assurance to point to the exact needed document or detail IRCC needs.

If I were in your situation I would have taken legal advice by now and not hesitate about the associated costs.
I did talk to attorney he said company take over does not matter as your company still act as a standalone company, all payroll and taxes runs through my company payroll so he said thats not to worry as technically you are on your company payroll not your parent company so no issues.

secondly, he mentioned since your comoany closes operations in Canada they can not verify it as analyst mentioned in notes, so he said wait till they ask you specific documents the one i have provided with business number should work as its legally registered. They might ask send work place photos or some kind of pics or something on that note if they feel its not sufficient what you have provided.

Usually in such cases senior officer asks for more docs or makes final decision on eligibility so in nutshell it just wait game to see if they need anything, they wont reject you without asking further information or documentation if needed. I was just wondering because my logic was why to waste resources in security screening when candidate dint pass basic eligibility.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I did talk to attorney he said company take over does not matter as your company still act as a standalone company, all payroll and taxes runs through my company payroll so he said thats not to worry as technically you are on your company payroll not your parent company so no issues.

secondly, he mentioned since your comoany closes operations in Canada they can not verify it as analyst mentioned in notes, so he said wait till they ask you specific documents the one i have provided with business number should work as its legally registered. They might ask send work place photos or some kind of pics or something on that note if they feel its not sufficient what you have provided.

Usually in such cases senior officer asks for more docs or makes final decision on eligibility so in nutshell it just wait game to see if they need anything, they wont reject you without asking further information or documentation if needed. I was just wondering because my logic was why to waste resources in security screening when candidate dint pass basic eligibility.
Makes sense and good luck waiting.

Other things I can suggest that you doing while waiting are
- Ask your MP for help. Are you CEC/FSW or PNP? Even if you are PNP once the 8 months time window crosses later this month, ask the MP also to talk to IRCC.
- Email the IRCC minister asking nicely for help etc...
- Order a IRCC GMCS / CBSA notes every 30 days and CBSA notes ordering dates be spaces 15 days after the IRCC ordering date. So that you will have one every 2 weeks or so

Not that all these will immediately solve the waiting game but they might trigger IRCC to pick your file as it is past 6 months

Last edited:

singhguy

May 5, 2023
Good luck with the CBSA notes.

IRCC notes will show Security as 'Started' or 'NOT started'

Are you inland? If yes call IRCC on the phone and ask the agent to tell you the date when security started or if it has started at all. Also since your case is past the 8 month mark reach out to your local MP and ask for help. I did all that.
Even if you are not inland use a VoIP or something and talk to an IRCC tele agent.
Yes I am inland. I am thinking of reaching out to my local MP to explain my situation. Hope their intervention will make the case officer at Sydney VO to look at my file :)

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Leo0215

Feb 16, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
2023-04-24
Same here. background in process since May 2023. I just got my CBSA note today.

My security started at May 30, 2023. But I can't find any indication of comprehensive security screening.

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018

My security started at May 30, 2023. But I can't find any indication of comprehensive security screening.
It seems to me case officers do not necessarily mention if it is comprehensive or other type. Based upon the long time taking the processing it is comprehensive, IMHO.
1. How long it took you to get CBSA notes? Mine, CBSA notes 1st request is still in progress since end of Sept, the 2nd one was rejected after almost a month, the 3rd in progress and it is almost one months, still waiting.
2. Any more info you can share from your CBSA notes?
3. Did you order CSIS notes as well?

Leo0215

Feb 16, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
2023-04-24
It seems to me case officers do not necessarily mention if it is comprehensive or other type. Based upon the long time taking the processing it is comprehensive, IMHO.
1. How long it took you to get CBSA notes? Mine, CBSA notes 1st request is still in progress since end of Sept, the 2nd one was rejected after almost a month, the 3rd in progress and it is almost one months, still waiting.
2. Any more info you can share from your CBSA notes?
3. Did you order CSIS notes as well?
It took two months to get CBSA reply for missing ID verification of my request. After replied the email, it was about a week to get the result.

FYI, following are information that CBSA requires when you send a ATIP request.
Item 1 - Request clarity
Please confirm what information you are seeking to receive
- Travel History (Entry and Exit records - if seeking proof of travel)
- Immigration records
- Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes for a specific application. (provide application number)
o Please note that if requesting GCMS notes, you have the choice to exclude the electronic documents (edocs) since these are documents that you submitted for your application i.e. passport copies, photos etc. Let us know if you wish to receive the edocs with your GCMS notes or exclude them.

Item 2 - Travel documents numbers - Travel History Report (Entry / Exit)
The CBSA will only provide travel history records for the travel documents numbers that you have provided with your request. You must provide the following:

- Passport number(s) (current and expired)
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card number/Citizenship number (if applicable)
- Any other document used when crossing a border.

Item 3 - Immigration Records
You must provide the following:
- Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
- Application number that your request refers to if applicable

Item 4 - Identification Requirement
The CBSA must ensure adequate and valid identification (ID) is provided to uphold the legal requirements to protect personal information when providing the right of access.

As per the requirements set out in section 4.1.4 of the Directive on Personal Information Requests and Correction of Personal Information, which mandates institutions to establish procedures to validate the identity of a requester, we require that you provide:

- A copy of a VALID photo identification document (Passport Biodata page, PR card, Driver's licence, etc.), to validate your identity. Note: If submitting the request on behalf of another individual both the requestor's and the client(s)' ID are required.

Item 5 - Consent form
Should your request be made on behalf of another individual, please complete and sign the CBSA's Authority to release personal information to a designated representative form (BSF745E - https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html) or provide a signed and dated consent letter authorizing you to obtain their personal information from CBSA.

I also found that you can create an ATIP account to track your request.
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/request-information/create-secure-atip-online-account.html

Reactions: umbro

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023

Wow, your BG has been in progress for quite some time. Any reason for this? Do your GCMS/CBSA notes mention the reason? Did you select "yes" on any of the statutory questions in your application?

Not sure why BG checks take so many months for applicants who don't have much in their Background.

mazenB

Apr 18, 2023
Hello, checked my tracker acc. today and it shows that my background check is complete. Now that all four sections are complete what to expect next? and how long usually is it taking to get a final decision?

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Hello, checked my tracker acc. today and it shows that my background check is complete. Now that all four sections are complete what to expect next? and how long usually is it taking to get a final decision?
Hi!
I believe next step should be PPR/RFV with CoPR expiry date shown in the tracker.

when did your eligibility get completed ?

Can Outland applicants also contact an MP or do they only help inland applicants?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi!
I believe next step should be PPR/RFV with CoPR expiry date shown in the tracker.

Can Outland applicants also contact an MP or do they only help inland applicants?
MPs can't help unfortunately. They can only query information for you at best, but they can't influence IRCC to speed up your application.

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
MPs can't help unfortunately. They can only query information for you at best, but they can't influence IRCC to speed up your application.
Thanks!

If I have a relative in Canada, how can they request for GCMS notes on my behalf? There are third party services as well for this but since I already have a relative there maybe it's better and cheaper for them to request it on my behalf.

mazenB

Apr 18, 2023
Hi!

Eligibility was complete in September but background check was completed last Friday. do you know how long does it take before I receive my PPR?

Outland applicants can contact MPs but through a third party in Canada for which you will sign a document to release information (IMM 5475) and they can contact an MP on your behalf but all that an MP can do is update you on the status of your application and it usually reignite progress in your application if it was stuck for some time.

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Eligibility was complete in September but background check was completed last Friday. do you know how long does it take before I receive my PPR?

Outland applicants can contact MPs but through a third party in Canada for which you will sign a document to release information (IMM 5475) and they can contact an MP on your behalf but all that an MP can do is update you on the status of your application and it usually reignite progress in your application if it was stuck for some time.
Does your tracker show CoPR expiry date? Also check if your GCkey shows a date in the Final Decision section.
From what I've noticed, either this week or by next week you should receive PPR.