PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
I submitted it on the day I received Portal 2, which was 21st Nov
Definitely super quick based on today's processing times. Again, congrats and enjoy it

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
@umbro Hi are you under comprehensive security screening? What makes an application go to this stage? Is it if the applicant marked "Yes" on some statutory questions?

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
@umbro Hi are you under comprehensive security screening? What makes an application go to this stage? Is it if the applicant marked "Yes" on some statutory questions?
Hi, yes I am under comprehensive security screening. I personally think it depends on your application itself, your origin and of course the officer that reviews your application. No, I marked all "No".

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Hi, yes I am under comprehensive security screening. I personally think it depends on your application itself, your origin and of course the officer that reviews your application. No, I marked all "No".
Damn, hope you get a response from them soon.
Any idea how long this part takes to complete? You know anyone who was in SS and got cleared within 5-6 months?

My BG is also in progress, Not sure if Im under SS. I just hope I get approved by this year or atleast by Jan. Would really suck if this stretched till mid or late next year or more!

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Damn, hope you get a response from them soon.
Any idea how long this part takes to complete? You know anyone who was in SS and got cleared within 5-6 months?

My BG is also in progress, Not sure if Im under SS. I just hope I get approved by this year or atleast by Jan. Would really suck if this stretched till mid or late next year or more!
That's the problem, noone knows how long it takes for SS, there are so many opinions, timelines, statistics that it is very hard even to say approximately. When someone says it takes X months to be processed it means they hope for that. What I understood is that you need to do everything what you can do from your side (call IRCC, send webforms and etc). If you get the same answer all the time that your application is still in progress, all you have to/can do is to be very patient and just wait for the final decision. It is better just to forget about your application for at least half a year.
Do order notes from IRCC, CBSA and CSIS, and you will get some idea at which point you are.
And also share your timeline, maybe someone can share thoughts with you about your application.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Ali Waheed

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
I read your signature, it's quite similar to mine, especially all the notes that you received. Do you have any estimate how much longer can this take? 6 months, 12 months 18 months? or do we have absolutely no idea?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I read your signature, it's quite similar to mine, especially all the notes that you received. Do you have any estimate how much longer can this take? 6 months, 12 months 18 months? or do we have absolutely no idea?
Safest bet is to assume anywhere between 1-2 years, any time beyond that qualifies for Writ of Mandamus.

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I have no idea. I hope by Spring we will have good news.
One applicant from my country got processed in 11 months.
From russian chat groups I read one was processed in 12 months, another applied for Mandamus and got PPR in 14th month.
So, from these and some other examples I assume that many people (but not all) who got stuck in SS get their PPRs in around one year. Of course there are those who wait way more than that, I think very very few applications go beyond that and hopefully we are not among them.

Reactions: Ali Waheed and qdee

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Safest bet is to assume anywhere between 1-2 years, any time beyond that qualifies for Writ of Mandamus.
Please, don't scare us, but thanks for your feedback.
I heard that Mandamus has 3 levels:
1. Demand Letter;
2. 1st step;
3. 2nd step.
Is this correct, don't you know by chance?

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
I have no idea. I hope by Spring we will have good news.
One applicant from my country got processed in 11 months.
From russian chat groups I read one was processed in 12 months, another applied for Mandamus and got PPR in 14th month.
So, from these and some other examples I assume that many people (but not all) who got stuck in SS get their PPRs in around one year. Of course there are those who wait way more than that, I think very very few applications go beyond that and hopefully we are not among them.
When you say 11 / 12 months, do you mean from the date of AOR or from the date BG went into Progress?