+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I'm sorry, did you check your spam folder?
Nothing is my spam folder!
Have you checked the date under ADR section in GCKey? For my case it got updated with the date I uploaded the ADR.
The status under the additional document section in the GCKey was changed to "Not Applicable" on the same day of submission of my ADR file, whereas on the tracker, I received this update "We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you." on the same day. Since this data, nothing has changed! It is 3 weeks till now!
I know many people who received an acknowledgment email of receiving their ADR from the IRCC. That's why I am asking if it is mandatory to receive it as an indication of my file is returned to be under processing.

Reactions: Raulf

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I sent my adr on June 5 and just got a GU that my adr was under review on June 9 . I didn’t get an email either. But since the status changed to review it means that they received it. I don’t think you need to do anything, plus if you called and they confirmed the receipt over the phone, there’s nothing left to do.
Did you receive the update of "your ADR is under review" on the GCKey or tracker?

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Update :
Tracker Updated Date 29th June.
Under application history : "28th June - Activity Status Updated : Background Verification. Background Verification status has been updated to In Progress " ( Background Verification bar status no change. Showing as "In Progress"

GCkey : GU: Background Check changed from "Not Applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Hi! Any update after this ? I just had the same GU but nothing changed in tracker

Fabelurin

Sep 11, 2019
I did , I got that GU on June 9 that said my document was under review, no email or notification on Gc key . On my tracker it said we have received your enquiry
I think it depends on VO. Different VOs have ways of handling files I presume. While some are fast some are not as long as it's still within processing time.
I had ADR for POF on June 20 and submitted it 4 days later. Since June 24 till now it's still showing we are reviewing the additional documents you submitted.
Some other applicants submitted ADR and got acknowledged and ppr just 5 days later.
So fingers crossed

Reactions: TomCassidy

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
GCMS notes or CBSA notes? When should I file the GCMS notes? I am still 3 months into my application.
4 months is a good idea as you get to know what has been done/in-progress/pending, you are already pretty close to that so might as well apply for them now. CBSA notes have more info in them compared to GCMS.

Fabelurin

Sep 11, 2019
Hello guys,
called IRCC on Tuesday Last week and she was told Eligibility was passed recently.
Again...couple of days later i had a feeling in me so I made her call again and she was told by another agent that it's still in progress as there's no decision note on it so the agent said all she could say is Eligibility is still in progress since decision hasn't bn made.
Now I'm confused what to believe and I don't want to call again cos it seems I've called too much.
ADR was requested on June 20 and submitted June 24 and since then it's showing we are reviewing the additional documents you submitted...
Anyone has idea what could be happening?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello guys,
called IRCC on Tuesday Last week and she was told Eligibility was passed recently.
Again...couple of days later i had a feeling in me so I made her call again and she was told by another agent that it's still in progress as there's no decision note on it so the agent said all she could say is Eligibility is still in progress since decision hasn't bn made.
Now I'm confused what to believe and I don't want to call again cos it seems I've called too much.
ADR was requested on June 20 and submitted June 24 and since then it's showing we are reviewing the additional documents you submitted...
Anyone has idea what could be happening?
Feel free to call, don't worry.

Sometimes agents see the current status. Some agents have reported "recommended pass" as pass and others have reported it as "in-progress". What do you see in your PR tracker, if it shows in-progress, it is in progress.