+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
I called IRCC today, and they told me that the security check has not started yet!
From what I have seen some others updating, the security goes from Not Started to Completed in many cases.

Has anyone called IRCC and they said Security is in progress ?

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
From what I have seen some others updating, the security goes from Not Started to Completed in many cases.

Has anyone called IRCC and they said Security is in progress ?
Hope that will be my case. I remember my Eligibility changed from not started to complete directly.

Reactions: Justmeee

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Update :
Tracker Updated Date 29th June.
Under application history : "28th June - Activity Status Updated : Background Verification. Background Verification status has been updated to In Progress " ( Background Verification bar status no change. Showing as "In Progress"

GCkey : GU: Background Check changed from "Not Applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Update :
Tracker Updated Date 29th June.
Under application history : "28th June - Activity Status Updated : Background Verification. Background Verification status has been updated to In Progress " ( Background Verification bar status no change. Showing as "In Progress"

GCkey : GU: Background Check changed from "Not Applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Great - some progress. What was the status of Background Check in tracker before this update ?

Reactions: Raulf

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Great - some progress. What was the status of Background Check in tracker before this update ?
As mentioned - in the tracker background verification bar status no change. It remains as "In Progress". Only change is date & information updated under application history.

ARTICUNOuseICEBEAM

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR April 8, 2023
@ARTICUNOuseICEBEAM rephrasing my question. When did your background check change to In progress in tracker. Just trying to see how long it takes for BC to get to complete, after Eligibility is completed..

Thanks and so happy you are almost done with this process!
I got access to my tracker on May 15 and my bg was already in progress

Sketch

Jul 1, 2023
Any updates for your application. I read that after BG completion it may take 7-20days for PPR

https://www.justforcanada.com/9-from-aor-to-ppr.html#/
From my experience, BG check has no limits. It depends on a case's particularities such as the number of people in the application, country of residence, profession, education, amount of time certain government services respond to Canada's information requests, etc. I know lots of cases with over 2-3 years of wait time, where only a writ of mandamus and the consequent court case against Canadian Immigration services helped people to get their PRs.
Country of residence, in my opinion, is the biggest factor, as it is usually the sole thing that decides whether the case will have security screening or not.

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
From my experience, BG check has no limits. It depends on a case's particularities such as the number of people in the application, country of residence, profession, education, amount of time certain government services respond to Canada's information requests, etc. I know lots of cases with over 2-3 years of wait time, where only a writ of mandamus and the consequent court case against Canadian Immigration services helped people to get their PRs.
Country of residence, in my opinion, is the biggest factor, as it is usually the sole thing that decides whether the case will have security screening or not.
True! For @Josh_dan case, he is waiting for PPR after BG completion .

• Sad
Reactions: Josh_dan

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023
Any updates for your application. I read that after BG completion it may take 7-20days for PPR

https://www.justforcanada.com/9-from-aor-to-ppr.html#/
Nope nothing positive yet but can't expect anything until IRCC is back to work next week.
Mine has already passed the 20 day timeframe post all stages being complete and there are others waiting for even a month plus.
I did find out that my application has been moved from primary VO Ottawa to RROC in the last week (Rapid Response Operations Centre).

Sadly, based on other candidates whose file is also currently at RROC, their processing speed does not line up with the division name so the waiting game continues.

eog123

May 25, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello. I have a question. If Background check is passed on tracker, does this mean eligibility will follow shortly if currently in progress? As I read somewhere that Security screening can only start if Eligibility is passed.

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hello. I have a question. If Background check is passed on tracker, does this mean eligibility will follow shortly if currently in progress? As I read somewhere that Security screening can only start if Eligibility is passed.
As per the available information eligibility is the first to complete. However there are some processes that runs in parallel so we really don't know how long will it take for eligibility.
https://www.justforcanada.com/9-from-aor-to-ppr.html#/google_vignette

Reactions: eog123

BS007

Oct 28, 2021
Hi guys
Here's my timeline
CEC-Inland
ITA- 23 March
AOR- 3 April
Bio/Med/UCI- 4 May
Background in progress- 5 May
Eligibility started -18 June
Eligibility completed -19 June
Medical extended- 20 June
Background completed on tracker - 21 June
Portal 1- 22 June
Portal 2- 26 June(submitted info on 27June)
eCOPR- 30 June
VO- Edmonton