+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hi everyone.
We asked the medical staff and they are saying they can generate only UME (upfront medical examination) number, but not IME. Is it okay? They are saying we should ourselves bring IME number. Is that correct? I am confused
In FSW case we get UME only. They will provide document (In india they give 4 pager document) and UMI is mentioned in it.

You will have to take with you copy of ITA, IRCC letter asking to upload the medical and other documents that Hospital ask you to bring with you like Passport and photos.

Samal

Oct 23, 2019
In FSW case we get UME only. They will provide document (In india they give 4 pager document) and UMI is mentioned in it.

You will have to take with you copy of ITA, IRCC letter asking to upload the medical and other documents that Hospital ask you to bring with you like Passport and photos.
So we upload only UME form and not IME, right?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone.
We asked the medical staff and they are saying they can generate only UME (upfront medical examination) form, but not IME. Is it okay? They are saying we should ourselves bring IME form. Is that correct? I am confused
They are wrong. And, the person you spoke to didn't knew anything. This is a common problem though, I wrote about it here under UME: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2023-aor.796647/post-10453850

Tell them that you would like to get a upfront medical exam under "worker" category. Also, inform them that IRCC don't send IME forms for upfront medical tests. Now, the information sheet you get at the end will have your IME number in it.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

If you see your Information sheet, you'll see a IME number above UMI ;)

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
They are wrong. And, the person you spoke to didn't knew anything. This is a common problem though, I wrote about it here under UME: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2023-aor.796647/post-10453850

Tell them that you would like to get a upfront medical exam under "worker" category. Also, inform them that IRCC don't send IME forms for upfront medical tests. Now, the information sheet you get at the end will have your IME number in it.
The sheet does not have IME No. It has UMI no.

It is mentioned as like this:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker
UMI# U*******

Reactions: Raulf

Samal

Oct 23, 2019

Oh, I see. I will call them again. Thank you so much, everybody.

Samal

Oct 23, 2019
The sheet does not have IME No. It has UMI no.

It is mentioned as like this:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker
UMI# U*******
So even when you said your category is “worker”, they still did not have IME form? So saying I am a “worker” category does not solve the problem, it seems?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So even when you said your category is “worker”, they still did not have IME form? So saying I am a “worker” category does not solve the problem, it seems?
I used the "worker" category (did from India too). It will work. When the first time I called the panel physician, they gave me the same response too. Just tell them about upfront exam, no form will come from IRCC, and that you can do it under the worker category.

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Samal, Hospitals (Approved Panel Physicians) have their own prescribed formats as per country, if you tell them its for PR and show them your ITA they will provide you with the right document.

Samal

Oct 23, 2019
I see. So I will tell them to assess us as “worker” category and bring all docs I have :). We are in Germany, Berlin.

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Called IRCC today
Eligibility completed
Background check not started yet
Primary VO CHENNAI
SECONDARY VO NOVA SCOTIA