+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

foxp2

Jan 8, 2023
We both seem to be stuck in same office, mine too Eligibility/Background in progress and no update since June 08.
Yea my last update was May 30, and my work permit is expiring at the end of December.

Btw, does anyone know if I should apply for the bridge work permit or extend my current work permit?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yea my last update was May 30, and my work permit is expiring at the end of December.

Btw, does anyone know if I should apply for the bridge work permit or extend my current work permit?
I don't know what your AOR date is or why approval has not come through yet. irrespectively yes it will be prudent to apply for BOWP, unless your employer will renew your WP themselves.
My advice is do you research well, I'm not sure if you are CEC/FSW. On the other hand if you are a PNP the SOWP application has a specific window 6 months written in the letter. Also I have heard that the WP is often kept on hold until your eligibility passes which means you will remain in implied status and even if WP is approved you will get PR soon enough. Good luck to you.

Reactions: foxp2

foxp2

Jan 8, 2023
I don't know what your AOR date is or why approval has not come through yet. irrespectively yes it will be prudent to apply for BOWP, unless your employer will renew your WP themselves.
My advice is do you research well, I'm not sure if you are CEC/FSW. On the other hand if you are a PNP the SOWP application has a specific window 6 months written in the letter. Also I have heard that the WP is often kept on hold until your eligibility passes which means you will remain in implied status and even if WP is approved you will get PR soon enough. Good luck to you.
hey thanks so much for your reply. My AOR is April 9, 2023, and my stream is OINP PNP EE In-land. It's actually very similar to yours.
What did you mean by the 6 months window for SOWP? In theory I could just go for the extending working permit route right?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
hey thanks so much for your reply. My AOR is April 9, 2023, and my stream is OINP PNP EE In-land. It's actually very similar to yours.
What did you mean by the 6 months window for SOWP? In theory I could just go for the extending working permit route right?
For the SOWP read you nomination letter your received.,Mine OINP Human Capital stream had the 6 month window from the day of nomination acceptance written in it. You should have it too unless your stream is different. Yes extending the regular WP if employer does it is safer I feel after you mention you are OINP too.

Reactions: foxp2

foxp2

Jan 8, 2023
For the SOWP read you nomination letter your received.,Mine OINP Human Capital stream had the 6 month window from the day of nomination acceptance written in it. You should have it too unless your stream is different. Yes extending the regular WP if employer does it is safer I feel after you mention you are OINP too.
I am also on the Human Captial stream, and I don't really remember about the 6-month window thing. In my case, since my expiration date is within the new policy for extending, I guess I could just do that.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Gavysidhu

Jul 8, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/02/2023
AOR Received.
13/04/2023
Your approval email is coming soon!
Veere i got rfv mail on 28th september i submitted my passports on 3rd oct and 10 oct i received mail that my passport is received and under process in ircc new delhi after that no update veere my tracker daily gets updated with no change is it normal ? And veere how many days passport stamping takes normally

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Veere i got rfv mail on 28th september i submitted my passports on 3rd oct and 10 oct i received mail that my passport is received and under process in ircc new delhi after that no update veere my tracker daily gets updated with no change is it normal ? And veere how many days passport stamping takes normally
Congrats! You'll only get notified now when your passports get stamped with visa and they'll stay silent till then.

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I have a special case and please give me any guidance.

I submitted my EE PNP application with an AOR on April 30, 203. Everything has been completed except the security check since June 2023. I am currently on a study permit expiring on November 30, 2023. I already applied for a study permit extension on September 15, 2023. However, it is still under processing too!

I received a job offer from a big company starting December 15, 2023. However, I can't go with it as I am not authorized to work full-time in Canada.

What should I do to keep this offer? Do you think calling the IRCC and informing them about this offer will be helpful? Am I eligible to apply for BOWP now? if yes, can I submit a BOWP application while my study permit extension is still under processing?!

Please give me any guidance as I do not want to miss this opportunity. Pray for me to receive my PR approval as soon as possible.

I can give you more details if needed.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I have a special case and please give me any guidance.

I submitted my EE PNP application with an AOR on April 30, 203. Everything has been completed except the security check since June 2023. I am currently on a study permit expiring on November 30, 2023. I already applied for a study permit extension on September 15, 2023. However, it is still under processing too!

I received a job offer from a big company starting December 15, 2023. However, I can't go with it as I am not authorized to work full-time in Canada.

What should I do to keep this offer? Do you think calling the IRCC and informing them about this offer will be helpful? Am I eligible to apply for BOWP now? if yes, can I submit a BOWP application while my study permit extension is still under processing?!

Please give me any guidance as I do not want to miss this opportunity. Pray for me to receive my PR approval as soon as possible.

I can give you more details if needed.
your situation is definitely difficult, is there a reason why you didn't apply immediately for the BOWP after a couple of months of PNP AOR, instead renewed your PGWP?
I doubt IRCC is going to help you bag that job. Try reaching out to an RCIC or attorney for help in your situation, It is worth spending the money when your high stake job offer is now endangered. Good luck and I feel sorry for you.

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
your situation is definitely difficult, is there a reason why you didn't apply immediately for the BOWP after a couple of months of PNP AOR, instead renewed your PGWP?
I doubt IRCC is going to help you bag that job. Try reaching out to an RCIC or attorney for help in your situation, It is worth spending the money when your high stake job offer is now endangered. Good luck and I feel sorry for you.
Am I eligible to apply for BOWP? I think it needs to be on a work permit, not a study permit. Can you please explain more?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Am I eligible to apply for BOWP? I think it needs to be on a work permit, not a study permit. Can you please explain more?
I assume you have you read the terms and conditions in the nomination letter that your province sent you, did that letter mandate that you should have a Work Permit to apply for BOWP?
What I have learnt over the last few month these T&C in the nomination letters vary by province, stream etc.. I'm not an expert and with your current dire situation don't risk amateurs' like me misguiding you. Try to read and understand if you have difficulty understanding it fully or executing as needed you will have to reach out to an RCIC or an immigration attorney.

Last edited:

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
I'm glad to share some good news at my end after so long, the BG got completed today.

Security which had not started all the way back in May my guess is started and closed today. Let me hope for similar good results in the next few days.
My friend, I was reading your signature!!! So glad for you!!! Finally, everything is taking place!!! I wish you and your family all the best

Singhaa89

May 25, 2023
Hello Guys, wanted to share some good news !
I got the first email from IRCC requesting details like presence in Canada, Last date of Entry in Canada, UCI information etc.
Question - I got one such on my personal email ID since I am the principal applicant, which I replied with mine and dependent details. But a similar email addressed to my wife was sent to our immigration lawyers team. Is this normal? Do I need to resend the information one more time in response to the email they sent to our lawyers.
Sharing an update just in case, someone is in a similar situation. I resent the same information and then received Portal 1 and Portal 2 details couple of days later. Awaiting eCoPR.

Reactions: Justmeee

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I assume you have you read the terms and conditions in the nomination letter that your province sent you, did that letter mandate that you should have a Work Permit to apply for BOWP?
What I have learnt over the last few month these T&C in the nomination letters vary by province, stream etc.. I'm not an expert and with your current dire situation don't risk amateurs' like me misguiding you. Try to read and understand if you have difficulty understanding it fully or executing as needed you will have to reach out to an RCIC or an immigration attorney.
I don't see a Portal email in your signature. Hopefully it will come soon too!