+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

Maytetj

Jun 10, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I applied on the GCKey portal on april 20th and on the 25th the biometrics were completed. I am planning to travel at the beginning of July and still no response received.
Since the visa submission the waiting days has gone up from 42 to 56 days.
I have a valid visa until July 25th however the passport is already cancelled as i had to renew it with 6 months in advance. Do you think i can enter canada if the visa is in a cancelled passport along with the US Visa (valid as well).

I need help as I don´t know what to do. I wrote to the IRCC center in Mexico and they only replied that they will get to my application as soon as possible...

Thanks,

priyanka177

Star Member
May 26, 2022
hi Everyone.I applied for a visitor visa through gckey on april 11th. I Applied from UAE.I'm not a resident of UAE.i'm living here in visit visa. it's been 60 days since i apply. is it a good idea to reapply. Also i have a work permit. My visa is expired. can i travel without visa by using my valid work permit.if anyone have any idea let me know

AMBA1986

Sep 28, 2016
hi Everyone.I applied for a visitor visa through gckey on april 11th. I Applied from UAE.I'm not a resident of UAE.i'm living here in visit visa. it's been 60 days since i apply. is it a good idea to reapply. Also i have a work permit. My visa is expired. can i travel without visa by using my valid work permit.if anyone have any idea let me know
Hello Priyanka,
It is not advisable to apply if you are temporary in UAE, CIC will reject the visa as you are not having strong ties in the country you are living in.
I suggest you apply from home country.

Reactions: 2cookies

priyanka177

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Hello Priyanka,
It is not advisable to apply if you are temporary in UAE, CIC will reject the visa as you are not having strong ties in the country you are living in.
f you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC).
this is what ircc saying

AMBA1986

Sep 28, 2016
f you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC).
this is what ircc saying
It is just a suggestion, which I have experienced before.
You can still go ahead and apply.

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Can u tell us what you put in your application to show that you have a strong tie in your country of resident?

Jun 15, 2022
Applied on 14th April 2022
Biometrics submitted on 24th April 2022
Used new portal to submit the application
Applied from Bahrain
Sent a Webform requesting the status but the webform says it may take upto 28 day for the person to respond.
Till date I have not received the PPR
Should I start second application using the GCKey Portal ? If so, what happens to my earlier application will it be duplicate?
Also in my previous application did not attach flight ticket or hotel booking. If I attach will it give me an advantage of getting the visa faster
I am going to drop my daugher and I desparately need my visa to come fast. My daughter got her study visa within 40 days

Waiting for suggestions

Thank you

Prisha1996

Jun 12, 2022
What are the chances of visitor approval if my parents are financially dependent on me for their monthly expense? I am sending them money monthly.They do have properties on their name back home,getting rent from two properties monthly..but no pension.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
What are the chances of visitor approval if my parents are financially dependent on me for their monthly expense? I am sending them money monthly.They do have properties on their name back home,getting rent from two properties monthly..but no pension.
Go ahead and apply. You are not alone with such a case. I got mine as well. Just ensure your financial condition is good in Canada. All you need to prove is that you have sufficient funds in Canada to pay for their travelling , accommodation and food . Good Luck

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Show their statement plus indicate youll provide them financial asistance too

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
hi Everyone.I applied for a visitor visa through gckey on april 11th. I Applied from UAE.I'm not a resident of UAE.i'm living here in visit visa. it's been 60 days since i apply. is it a good idea to reapply.Check the processing time. If within limits, then do not reapply else you can try. no harm but no gurantee of expedited decision either

Also i have a work permit. My visa is expired. can i travel without visa by using my valid work permit.You need a valid TRV to travel if you hold a work Permit which is valid if anyone have any idea let me know

Why did you apply for a visitor visa if you have a valid WP? It is simpler to apply for a TRV against the WP

Best of luck

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Hello Priyanka,
This is not true. My mother-in-law applied for Canadian visit visa on 11 April and got it in just 2 weeks. She is on visit visa in Dubai, originally from India.

OBJECTIVE PERSON

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
Applied on 14th April 2022
Biometrics submitted on 24th April 2022
Used new portal to submit the application
Applied from Bahrain
Sent a Webform requesting the status but the webform says it may take upto 28 day for the person to respond.
Till date I have not received the PPR
Should I start second application using the GCKey Portal ? If so, what happens to my earlier application will it be duplicate?
Also in my previous application did not attach flight ticket or hotel booking. If I attach will it give me an advantage of getting the visa faster
I am going to drop my daugher and I desparately need my visa to come fast. My daughter got her study visa within 40 days

Waiting for suggestions

Thank you
I have a similar issue. I applied using GCKey Portal on 18th April 2022. (Applied from Khobar, KSA) No update till now. But my daughter applied in March 2022 and got her study visa in 19 days!