+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I travelled to Canada for 2 weeks in 2019 but there is no option in New Portal regarding CAN + ..is it automatic?
There is no separate application for CAN +. You start filling up the visitor visa on IRCC portal and one of the steps will ask if you had a canada visa before and you will pick YES.
And one of the questions will be your UCI # which you can find on your visa stamp.
When you upload support documents at the end , you upload your canadian visa , entry exit stamps pages .That is the proof that you travelled to canada in past 10 years which qualifies you as CAN + when they review your eligibility. Is it clear?

andycided

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
There is no separate application for CAN +. You start filling up the visitor visa on IRCC portal and one of the steps will ask if you had a canada visa before and you will pick YES.
And one of the questions will be your UCI # which you can find on your visa stamp.
When you upload support documents at the end , you upload your canadian visa , entry exit stamps pages .That is the proof that you travelled to canada in past 10 years which qualifies you as CAN + when they review your eligibility. Is it clear?
Thank you very much. I have applied with my father and brother. They've never been to Canada. We applied as group in New Portal. All the best to your application and thank you again.

Sevi143

Oct 20, 2020
Application submitted : April 04 2022( For both my mom and dad )
Biometrics completed : April 08 2022( For my father) but for my mom it’s not updated .
Is it normal or should I call IRCC ?
How many days it is taking usually for the approval .

Jyaro1

Apr 18, 2019
Application submitted : April 04 2022( For both my mom and dad )
Biometrics completed : April 08 2022( For my father) but for my mom it’s not updated .
Is it normal or should I call IRCC ?
How many days it is taking usually for the approval .
It's same in my case. Biometric shows 'Completed' only for Principal Applicant.

Jyaro1

Apr 18, 2019
Sorry I wasn't clear.

Using my Ircc portal, I have applied for my parent's visitor visa under one account and specified my dad as the principal applicant.
When Biometric was completed, status got updated under my dad's application only 'Biometrics - April 8, 2022: Completed.' and my mom's account only received the Biometric number
Hey, any update on your application?

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Application for a visitor visa via GCkey
Application submitted - 9th April
Biometric request - 10th April
Biometrics submitted and updated - 14 th April
Current status - biometrics 'completed'. Background check in process.

Skaur37

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Application for a visitor visa via GCkey
Application submitted - 9th April
Biometric request - 10th April
Biometrics submitted and updated - 14 th April
Current status - biometrics 'completed'. Background check in process.
What is the eligibility status of your application?

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
The application has not reached that stage yet.
It says the application is in process and that they will email when they start reviewing eligibility.
Hello
I would like to add, it says they will message us but in my case the status from processing to reviewing eligibility started and there was no message of the status change. I caught it on one of my daily checks on the portal.

Reactions: bonmatin2022

bonmatin2022

Mar 30, 2022
Hello
I would like to add, it says they will message us but in my case the status from processing to reviewing eligibility started and there was no message of the status change. I caught it on one of my daily checks on the portal.
I do the same, checking the portal every single day since submission.

Reactions: Mohan_76

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Hello
I do check it multiple times a day but I will keep this in mind. Thank you!

I take it you received the PPR?
I'm slightly anxious that my financial proof would affect the application. I provided bank statements showing a balance of CAD 13K but in the form where they ask 'available funds for your stay', I wrote CAD 3k assuming they asked how much I have budgeted for my time (10 days) while Im there - excluding airfare.
Based on your application, do you think this could be grounds for a rejection?