+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I just checked my citizenship status online. My oath ceremony date has been changed from 20th February to 13th March. Did anyone get the same update? Why would they do this?

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
April 12 2022: AOR
Oct 24: Fingerprints required
Oct 27: Citizenship test
Nov 2: Fingerprint results received
Nov 4: Scheduled for citizenship test
Nov 7: Citizenship test completed (was actually updated on Dec 13th then amended on Dec 16th with no changes since)
Your timeline seems in line with online applications, I presume yours is. The question is why hasn't the BG turned to completed after receiving fingerprint results, this could be due to a tracker update issue or your fingerprint results triggered more investigation. Maybe a call to IRCC would help you clear this out.
On the other hand, IRCC's website mentions their timeline for getting applicants that completed the test to obtain citizenship within 4 to 6 months from the test completion date.

Best of luck

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Tracker went to the phase where it just gets stuck on "loading" today - Oath on Feb 16th.

My partners application stuck after the Dec 16th system ghost update that everyone got - on test complete since end of Nov. Hopefully see something for them next week??

ilovesylvanas

May 13, 2021
For anyone whose applicable is stuck at Niagara Fall office, please join this WhatsApp group. It is obvious that Niagara office process weigh slower than other offices, we need to gather more data and take some action to push them move faster.

You can call 888-242-2100 to know which office is processing your case. In general, Most non-GTA Ontario applications was dumped to Niagara office.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DpyAP7KDT8J5QPrqvsCJAn

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
For anyone whose applicable is stuck at Niagara Fall office, please join this WhatsApp group. It is obvious that Niagara office process weigh slower than other offices, we need to gather more data and take some action to push them move faster.

You can call 888-242-2100 to know which office is processing your case. In general, Most non-GTA Ontario applications was dumped to Niagara office.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DpyAP7KDT8J5QPrqvsCJAn
If every small subgroup leaves here to telegram or WhatsApp this site would not be useful anymore. You can use this site to discuss with others who have similar issues. The good thing I like about this site is that we can search basically anything to do with Canada immigration and see years of advise from experienced members, you cant have that with telegram or WhatsApp. Let's keep stuff here as much as possible. Someone who just applied can come on here and read experiences and make decisions for themselves without having to hope that everyone hasn't left the group chat on telegram after their oath.