+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

gchugh

Jun 28, 2020
Hello Everyone, I am new to this group. If someone can help me with few questions that would be very great. I am getting married next month and I am already PR living here in Canada. My fiancé lives outside Canada. I have below questions
1) If I appy vistor visa for my wife along with PR. What are the chance of getting approved?
2) what is the average time IRCC taking for spousal pr application these days?

Thanks in advance!!!

Jola-25

Oct 28, 2021
Hello Everyone, I am new to this group. If someone can help me with few questions that would be very great. I am getting married next month and I am already PR living here in Canada. My fiancé lives outside Canada. I have below questions
1) If I appy vistor visa for my wife along with PR. What are the chance of getting approved?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi, the timeline depends on when you apply, all of us here applied in April 2021, this year, and most people have received their PR, some have not. so it depends on the peculiarity of your case and the visa office its sent to. But just have 1 year in mind and pray its shorter than that. why apply for visitors visa tho? I was told since i am applying for outland sponsorship, i should wait the processing time out and not apply for visitors visa. whats the rush? those were the questions i was asked and i was advised against it, but you can try. I hear some people applied for visitors visa.

anniegreat

Jul 26, 2021
Hi, the timeline depends on when you apply, all of us here applied in April 2021, this year, and most people have received their PR, some have not. so it depends on the peculiarity of your case and the visa office its sent to. But just have 1 year in mind and pray its shorter than that. why apply for visitors visa tho? I was told since i am applying for outland sponsorship, i should wait the processing time out and not apply for visitors visa. whats the rush? those were the questions i was asked and i was advised against it, but you can try. I hear some people applied for visitors visa.
Ohok you were ask not to right, even me I think I will just wait, am still yet to hear from them after medical passed in July ,am praying for response this month

radio_silence

Oct 4, 2021

Thanks in advance!!!
I totally advise against the visitor visa unless your spouse is just coming for a visit, one big issue I find is discouraging to apply for a visitor visa, that is the medical services, unless you are rich. Let's say your spouse needs to see a doctor for a routine checkup, you'll have to pay for the visit. Also, the blood tests are so expensive. I don't think the employer private health plan covers these expenses, it is covered by the provincial government for PR's and CC's.

I have a similar story as yours and I got married, then came back to Canada, applied for a visitor visa for my spouse then it got rejected. The rejection rate is high. I was really disappointed as she was truly just coming for a visit, she's still enrolled in a Master's program back home, and they didn't do any virtual classroom! so she really had to go back, it wasn't enough to get her approved for a visitor visa though.

I suggest to get all the paperwork together right after you get your marriage certificate, be your spouse's representative as it makes it much easier to communicate with IRCC since you're in Canada and you can do Access to Information requests.

The timeline, it depends on your Visa Office, but have a year in mind, and it is a long time to be apart, since you're newly wed, I understand the hardship, it is not easy! but keep your hopes up, always come back to this forum as I find it the most active.

Lastly and most importantly!! make sure you fill the paperwork correctly, read every single line and follow the instructions guide!

All the best of luck and congratulations on your wedding!

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
why 2021 people receive pprs before 2020 people... is it fair? :confused:
Don't know how exactly the timeline works. Seems to be entirely dependent on the VOs. My file is in NDVO and i have seen applicants who submitted in May receive updates whereas applicants from Sept/Oct/Nov 2020 are still waiting for PPRs. I will say, raise webforms once your timeline has exceeded the normal processing window.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Don't know how exactly the timeline works. Seems to be entirely dependent on the VOs. My file is in NDVO and i have seen applicants who submitted in May receive updates whereas applicants from Sept/Oct/Nov 2020 are still waiting for PPRs. I will say, raise webforms once your timeline has exceeded the normal processing window.
Do we count a year since the day then received documents in first place (Nov 6,2020) OR since the day we received AOR1?
This still confuses me ))

Our is in Warsaw visa office since July 2021...

gchugh

Jun 28, 2020
Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate that.

gchugh

Jun 28, 2020
I totally advise against the visitor visa unless your spouse is just coming for a visit, one big issue I find is discouraging to apply for a visitor visa, that is the medical services, unless you are rich. Let's say your spouse needs to see a doctor for a routine checkup, you'll have to pay for the visit. Also, the blood tests are so expensive. I don't think the employer private health plan covers these expenses, it is covered by the provincial government for PR's and CC's.

I have a similar story as yours and I got married, then came back to Canada, applied for a visitor visa for my spouse then it got rejected. The rejection rate is high. I was really disappointed as she was truly just coming for a visit, she's still enrolled in a Master's program back home, and they didn't do any virtual classroom! so she really had to go back, it wasn't enough to get her approved for a visitor visa though.

I suggest to get all the paperwork together right after you get your marriage certificate, be your spouse's representative as it makes it much easier to communicate with IRCC since you're in Canada and you can do Access to Information requests.

The timeline, it depends on your Visa Office, but have a year in mind, and it is a long time to be apart, since you're newly wed, I understand the hardship, it is not easy! but keep your hopes up, always come back to this forum as I find it the most active.

Lastly and most importantly!! make sure you fill the paperwork correctly, read every single line and follow the instructions guide!

All the best of luck and congratulations on your wedding!
I really appreciate your detailed information. Thank you so much.

Reactions: radio_silence