+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
This is kind of interesting. So in the spreadsheet, there's a person who got their pre-arrival letter on December 9th and today they got their decision made. However, there are several others who received their pre-arrival letters in late November, but they still do not have a decision made/PPR request. This is all for NDVO.

Wonder what's going on.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Nope, London VO, Pakistan PA
Yeah, it's very odd how these guys operate. Some files literally go from pre-arrival to PPR in days/weeks, but others take months. I'm not sure what causes this lag time in between. This time between pre-arrival and PPR varies greatly even within the same visa offices. I guess it has to do with whichever officer is handling the case and along with other nuances of the case. Do certain background/criminal checks take longer than others? Hard to wait :(

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Yeah, it's very odd how these guys operate. Some files literally go from pre-arrival to PPR in days/weeks, but others take months. I'm not sure what causes this lag time in between. This time between pre-arrival and PPR varies greatly even within the same visa offices. I guess it has to do with whichever officer is handling the case and along with other nuances of the case. Do certain background/criminal checks take longer than others? Hard to wait :(
These same VOs also issue other types of visas such as student permits and whatnot. I think December is a big push for student visas so things slow down.

Having said that, these guys don't look like they resume work in order. PPRs and DMs etc just happening in random order.

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
This is kind of interesting. So in the spreadsheet, there's a person who got their pre-arrival letter on December 9th and today they got their decision made. However, there are several others who received their pre-arrival letters in late November, but they still do not have a decision made/PPR request. This is all for NDVO.

Wonder what's going on.
Many people with pre-arrival dated Dec 9th as well as 18th November reported DM today from NDVO. so there is basically no particular order in which the files are being prioritized and approved. It is just an instance that some files might be straight forward while some may be complex. Nevertheless, waiting is all we could do.

Reactions: HopefulLegend

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Many people with pre-arrival dated Dec 9th as well as 18th November reported DM today from NDVO. so there is basically no particular order in which the files are being prioritized and approved. It is just an instance that some files might be straight forward while some may be complex. Nevertheless, waiting is all we could do.
Which months are you looking at that have a pre-arrival dated Dec 9th / November 18th that got their DMs today? I only saw one in April and none in March within NDVO.

Last edited:

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Which months are you looking at that have a pre-arrival dated Dec 9th / November 18th that got their DMs today? I only saw one in April and none in March within NDVO.
There is a whatsapp group exclusively for NDVO. People reported in it. Applicants were from April 2021.