+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello everyone... my timeline is as follows:

Applied on 16 April 2021 (Online), AOR August 25, Test taken Dec 18, Updated on Tracker Dec 21. Since then no update. From test invite email looks like its Montreal office.

My PR card will expire in May 2022.. should I renew the card now or I should wait more? I saw some people were asked to provide Passport pages copy.. I was not asked for it. But should I just sent those upfront? Will that expedite the other checks somehow? Any suggestions?
If you have plans to travel in the next couple of months, it is better to renew, as you will need a valid PR to reenter Canada, otherwise, you can let it expire and continue waiting until the next steps with the Citizenship application.

marcus080682

Aug 2, 2021
Hello All,
I completed my test on 22nd November 2021, until now I don't receive any update from them. I'm from Toronto and the Mississauga Office is handling my application. Is it normal? is there anyone in the same situation as me? Thank you, everyone.

Kakashi03

Nov 6, 2021
Hello All,
I completed my test on 22nd November 2021, until now I don't receive any update from them. I'm from Toronto and the Mississauga Office is handling my application. Is it normal? is there anyone in the same situation as me? Thank you, everyone.
My application is also being processed in Mississauga office. I got my test cleared and didn't get an update of test completion till Jan 16th (that too after I vigorously followed up). They have been pretty slow from what I saw on other applications. Hoping we will get some updates on Oath by end of this month.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello All,
Sometimes they take a bit of time to update the test but it would be good if give IRCC a call. You need to be persistent to go through the line, I think I was able to get to an agent after the 12th try

marcus080682

Aug 2, 2021
My application is also being processed in the Mississauga office. I got my test cleared and didn't get an update of test completion till January 16th (that too after I vigorously followed up). They have been pretty slow from what I saw on other applications. Hoping we will get some updates on Oath by end of this month.
I got my test done on November 22nd, 2021, and they updated the result on November 23rd. But until today there is no update. Last time, my wife received their request for her passport one month after the test. It seems now they slow down to process our batch.

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I got my test done on November 22nd, 2021, and they updated the result on November 23rd. But until today there is no update. Last time, my wife received their request for her passport one month after the test. It seems now they slow down to process our batch.
my office is Hamilton. Completed the test November 26th and updated the result on November 29th… currently just waiting for any update after that for myself and my husband. :( I know it’s normal, I’m just impatient lol

Eitan-ro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
My oath is next Saturday (March 5), and I've received the email with all the detail yesterday (a week and a half before the ceremony), so that's a big relieaf after reading all the posts here about people not getting that email.
I hope that the rest will as smooth as everything else.

Good luck to all!

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Dashboard updated Feb 5th, everything is completed except the Oath date. What is the estimated timeline for the Oath from here? TIA
Got the Oath update today in the dashboard. Haven't received the email yet. Date is March 10th. Detail timeline in my signature.
Thank you all lovely people for your guidance and support. Hope you all will get past this painful process soon.
Cheers

Reactions: $Navi$