Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Good day everyone. I had a quick question. If one gets the oath invitation email, does the status on the dashboard/ecas change? Currently it shows as following:

Citizenship ceremony
Not started
What does Citizenship ceremony mean?
If we approve your application, we’ll invite you take the Oath of Citizenship at the citizenship ceremony. This is your final step to become a Canadian citizen.

ECAS: Decision Made

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello please add me to the tracker:

Online application, Montreal
Application submitted:
Apr 15
AOR: Aug 24
Test passed and updated: Nov 16

Surprisingly, they sent me a test request while my background check is still in progress. Anyone else in the same situation?
Is this an online application? How many physical days by the time you applied? When did you receive the email with the test invitation and what is the window?

Yes, if it is an online application some other applicants have experienced the same, test before BG verification, you may be required to provide Fingerprints or not, all you can do for now is wait until the next update in your dashboard.

Congratulations on passing the test!!!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I'm wondering if I should pre-emptively send them copies of my passport pages. They haven't asked me for it yet, but I can't find any other reason why my BG check is not completed yet. FWIW, I filed for an ATIP request a month ago, and haven't heard back.
Wait until you get the next update in the dashboard. Some online applicants have received the PP request at the same time as the email with the test invitation, for some applicants BG check takes longer than others to be verified, sometimes they will require Fingerprints.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Good day everyone. I had a quick question. If one gets the oath invitation email, does the status on the dashboard/ecas change? Currently it shows as following:

Citizenship ceremony
Not started
What does Citizenship ceremony mean?
If we approve your application, we’ll invite you take the Oath of Citizenship at the citizenship ceremony. This is your final step to become a Canadian citizen.

ECAS: Decision Made
Well, what I have seen is that the dashboard updates before receiving the email with the Oath invitation, you could be an exception.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strong faith what is the time between BG complete till receiving the test invite ?
I know it depend on office but what is maximum and minimum time

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
Is this an online application? How many physical days by the time you applied? When did you receive the email with the test invitation and what is the window?

Yes, if it is an online application some other applicants have experienced the same, test before BG verification, you may be required to provide Fingerprints or not, all you can do for now is wait until the next update in your dashboard.

Congratulations on passing the test!!!
Thank you.
Yes, it is an online application. 1160 days physical presence. Test email came on Nov 12.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I think we are the only 2 waiting for test from April every one got BG completed and then after 3 weeks they got the test .:))
Wow!
Looks like they are taking time to complete the BG check for people who were previously in USA and their home country but I may be wrong. Did you move directly from your home country to Canada or you were in other countries before moving to Canada?