+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

marcus080682

Aug 2, 2021
I completed my test on November 22nd. Do you know how long it takes to request photocopies of my passport? I'm from Toronto. Thank you.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I find that most of April application have recived there test invite , am I the only one who have got Bg completed and till now there is no test invite
What is the process or average time between BG completed and getting g the test invite

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I find that most of April application have recived there test invite , am I the only one who have got Bg completed and till now there is no test invite
What is the process or average time between BG completed and getting g the test invite
your not alone. My BG was completed in Aug 2021, no test invite yet. It all comes down to your local visa office. Toronto is processing much faster than Ottawa or say Edmonton.

Last edited:

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
A delayed update -- Received request for FP and Test on Nov 17; Test period 19-nov to 9th Dec. Test completed 5th Dec,
Citizenship test activity status updated to complete on Dec 6th on the new portal

I submitted by FP on Nov 18th only but still BG in process. I have heard that RCMP is delayed in FP processing. Any idea how long does it take from FP submission to BG completed?

GLMESH0101

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hello guys. Application received April 04. Our background verification was completed on aug 27 but no test invite yet. Is it because of the slow processing here in Winnipeg. Anyone with similar timeline? Thank you.
Did You Applied online or paper ? same timeline ,,, nothing yet .. probably next year

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
A delayed update -- Received request for FP and Test on Nov 17; Test period 19-nov to 9th Dec. Test completed 5th Dec,
Citizenship test activity status updated to complete on Dec 6th on the new portal

I submitted by FP on Nov 18th only but still BG in process. I have heard that RCMP is delayed in FP processing. Any idea how long does it take from FP submission to BG completed?
I'm still waiting as well (basically a month after submitting the fingerprints :() . I used the Web form to send them the DCN reference number for the fingerprints/date I got fingerprinted and got a response that they validated it and forwarded it to the responsible office. You might want to do the same thing, just so that they know it is a RCMP delay and not your fault.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys,
Got all my fields in the tracker updated to Completed except for Oath ceremony

My timeline is :
App delivered- April 6th 2021
Aor - July 20th
Bg completed - Sept 14
Test invite - Oct 1st
PP Request letter- Oct 4th
Test completed Oct 4th
Test updated - Oct 7th
All fields except Oath completed - Dec 3
Decision Made in ECAS.
Congratulations! I have added the information to the spreadsheet.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello everyone! Sorry for not being active here, but I have few updates:
Background Check: Asked for fingerprint 1 person on Oct 14, complete on Nov 05, update as completed for both on Nov 29th.
Test Invite email: Nov 05, both completed by Nov 23.
Everything else in progress.

If someone could update the tracker. Thank you! (I am currently no. 78 on the tracker)
Updated in the spreadsheet

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello, just got some updates (Line 114):

App sent - Apr 28, 2021
AOR - Aug 29, 2021
In progress - Aug 29, 2021
Bg completed - Dec 3, 2021
Test Invite Window - Dec 10 to Dec 30, 2021
This was added to the notes section. Please let us know when you receive the actual email with test invitation.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am new here. Nice to meet you all.

Could you give any advise on when I may get a date for Oath Ceremony based on my signature?

Any thoughts, comments or advise are welcome.
Based on the spreadsheet, Brampton is moving quick with online application, you will probably see some updated in regards to Oath invitation probably in the first quarter of 2022, paper applications are taking a little bit longer to be processed.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I got my status updated on the new dashboard yesterday. All boxes except "Citizenship Ceremony" are now Completed. On the old ECAS, the status is now reflecting as "Decision Made".

Now awaiting Oath Ceremony details and its going to be tight with year end approaching as well as us having travel plans coming up shortly!
congratulations!!

Reactions: viveks