+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I got a newcomer survey email today. Has anyone got a similar email recently?.
I pasted the info below from where this email came from. Not sure but it looked suspicious to me. Does anyone know if it is legit or spam?

from:Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.NewcomerSurveyN-SondagenouveauxarrivantsN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
reply-to:IRCC.COMMDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
date:Nov 24, 2021, 7:10 PM
subject:IRCC Newcomer Outcomes Survey 2021 / Sondage d'IRCC sur les résultats des nouveaux arrivants 2021

We are seeking the help of newcomers such as yourself who have not used settlement services funded by IRCC. The information you provide is extremely valuable and will help IRCC to review and improve programs and services that meet the needs of newcomers to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Mind

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all who got there test invite , did you get ghost update first on the tracker or you got the email to take the test without any notification on the tracker ?

Eitan-ro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I pasted the info below from where this email came from. Not sure but it looked suspicious to me. Does anyone know if it is legit or spam?

from:Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.NewcomerSurveyN-SondagenouveauxarrivantsN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
subject:IRCC Newcomer Outcomes Survey 2021 / Sondage d'IRCC sur les résultats des nouveaux arrivants 2021

We are seeking the help of newcomers such as yourself who have not used settlement services funded by IRCC. The information you provide is extremely valuable and will help IRCC to review and improve programs and services that meet the needs of newcomers to Canada.
I've received it yesterday as well.
seeing an email from IRCC got my hopes up, but than I discovered that it's only a survey email... :rolleyes:

letstalk

Nov 23, 2021

Hey, I received the same email. It did not include a link and I also thought it was spam

Reactions: aman_78671

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017

I've received it too. Feel free to rip them a new one on the processing timelines

llo

Nov 15, 2017
@Strongfaith42:

Here is my timeline:

Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: April 8, 2021
Delivered: April 8, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: April 8, 2016 to April 7, 2021
AOR: August 19, 2021
(Online application, ghost update: October 27, 2021)

Still waitingo_O

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

I received something similar today. It was a survey to ask about IRCC-funded "settlement services" that a lot of newcomers avail through local NGOs.

I completed the survey and submitted it.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Hi Everyone,

I have written and passed the Citizenship Test on Nov 25th. If needed, please update the excel file. Thanks

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
For all who got there test invite , did you get ghost update first on the tracker or you got the email to take the test without any notification on the tracker ?

I didn't get any ghost update on the tracker.
No update on my progress for many days on https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Then I got an email about the citizenship test. Immediately, I logged back onto https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login, it suddenly showed many updates from the last 2 weeks (these weren't showing any updates before that citizenship test email). I know this because I checked my application status every day.

kareem19

Oct 23, 2017
I went to a RCMP authorized company to get them done, as my local police are not currently providing fingerprint services (GTA). It took about 4-5 weeks for the background check to clear on the tracker after having them done.
Do you have a list of RCMP Accredited FP companies? Can you please share?

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 &amp; AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Background check shows Completed today (26 Nov 2021).

Usually in how many days test invite email show after Backchek completed?