+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
My wife and I passed our tests today. I also got my fingerprinting done. I used the National Pardon Centre in Montreal and it was very quick and easy.

A

abdisarockstar

Maybe we do! I'm located in AB but not sure where my office is coming from. The email had IRCC.DNCenMTL which I hadn't seen much info about lol! But at least we're on the same track, maybe we'll do our oath together!
yup, mine was from MTL as well. Fingers crossed :) I am in Winnipeg

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Did our test yesterday (11th Nov 2021) and passed the Test. @Strongfaith42 can you please update the spreadsheet?

Timeline:

Application Type: Couple (Normal)
Paper Application
Toronto
Application received: 1st April 2021
AOR: 15th June 2021
Tracker updated: 16th June 2021
Old ECAS updated In Process: 13th September 2021
BG Verification completed: 16th September 2021
Test status updated: 29th Oct 2021
Test window: 5th-25th Nov 2021
Test Interview: 11th Nov 2021
Congratulations on passing the test, I have updated the spreadsheet.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
The new dashboard shows In Progress from the moment you received your AOR, in old ECAS that is equivalent to Application Received. The actual In Process from old eCAS means they have actually started processing the application and are verifying your BG information (Criminality and Security checks).

Hope this helps to clarify your query.
Thanks for replying
Usually when Old ECAS says we have started processing your application, the trend is BG gets completed in a week or so from the processing date and the test invite is sent accordingly.
The strange part is that processing date .was Sep 9 and now it’s mid Nov still no updates on anything.Do you think it’s normal?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for replying
Usually when Old ECAS says we have started processing your application, the trend is BG gets completed in a week or so from the processing date and the test invite is sent accordingly.
The strange part is that processing date .was Sep 9 and now it’s mid Nov still no updates on anything.Do you think it’s normal?
Well, there is nothing strange with IRCC, online applications are being processed very fast, but paper applications are taking longer, and I see you are in Edmonton, which is another office that is processing at a very low pace. I am in Calgary and three of my family members BG was completed on June 9, mine was Aug 19, and I am still waiting to receive the test invitation. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will receive test invite this year, unless a miracle happen.

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Did our test yesterday (11th Nov 2021) and passed the Test. @Strongfaith42 can you please update the spreadsheet?

Timeline:

Application Type: Couple (Normal)
Paper Application
Toronto
Application received: 1st April 2021
AOR: 15th June 2021
Tracker updated: 16th June 2021
Old ECAS updated In Process: 13th September 2021
BG Verification completed: 16th September 2021
Test status updated: 29th Oct 2021
Test window: 5th-25th Nov 2021
Test Interview: 11th Nov 2021
I also gave the test on Nov11 and passed. But the tracker didn’t got updated yet.. did yours got updated?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Well, there is nothing strange with IRCC, online applications are being processed very fast, but paper applications are taking longer, and I see you are in Edmonton, which is another office that is processing at a very low pace. I am in Calgary and three of my family members BG was completed on June 9, mine was Aug 19, and I am still waiting to receive the test invitation. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will receive test invite this year, unless a miracle happen.
Wow!
the good part is your BG has been completed at least. It seems they are sleeping on our application as we haven’t even got our BG completion done yet even though old ECAS started the process on Sep 9th.. Lol

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Wow!
the good part is your BG has been completed at least. It seems they are sleeping on our application as we haven’t even got our BG completion done yet even though old ECAS started the process on Sep 9th.. Lol
It sounds like they will ask you to submit fingerprints, the email with the instructions arrives 6-8 weeks after the ghost update in the new dashboard or after it changed to In Process in old eCAS, at least that is what happened in my case. Have you requested GCMS/ATIP notes? you will be able to see the status of Criminality and Security checks, it is taking around 30-60 days to receive those.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
It sounds like they will ask you to submit fingerprints, the email with the instructions arrives 6-8 weeks after the ghost update in the new dashboard or after it changed to In Process in old eCAS, at least that is what happened in my case. Have you requested GCMS/ATIP notes? you will be able to see the status of Criminality and Security checks, it is taking around 30-60 days to receive those.
I never saw any ghost update so far. I manually logged in to view the status in the Old ECAS which reflected that they started the processing from Sep 9th. By this time I should have got my BG completed per current trends.
How to request for GCMS/ATIP notes?

A

abdisarockstar

would fingerprints be requested even if your BG is completed but "prohibitions" are in process?