+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hey guys, just a question. I received a completed BG check on September 15th. Just got my test invite for November 12- December 2nd today. Once I do the test and complete it, how long would it take after passing the test to get the ceremony invite?

Humanshado

Jun 27, 2017
I got an update to provide FP on Nov 9 but have not received any email yet. How long does it take to receive the email instructions?

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hi all, @Strongfaith42 there has been some updates for my application:

Nov 12, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between November 12, 2021 and December 2, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Nov 5, 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

Sep 27, 2021
Background verification activity status updated
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Jul 20, 2021
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey guys, just a question. I received a completed BG check on September 15th. Just got my test invite for November 12- December 2nd today. Once I do the test and complete it, how long would it take after passing the test to get the ceremony invite?
It is hard to predict it all depends on the local office processing your application,it could within weeks or months. Good luck with the test.

Read Discover Canada at least twice.

This is a sticky thread in this forum, it has a summary of the book in English and French and a lot of websites to practice sample tests.

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

There are a lot of resources on Youtube, audiobooks, practice tests, etc.

Hope this helps.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the invitation to take the test. Not the best timing as we just moved to BC and will be busy for a few weeks but anyway will try!

Humanshado

Jun 27, 2017
You will receive the email with instructions from IRCC Vancouver, 1 or 2 days after the update in the dashboard.
Thanks for the info. You have been so kind in helping us in this forum.

If I get FP from Vancouver, would I be correct to say my app will be processed in Vancouver?

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
test taken 8 November and updated in online tracker on 11 November test completed
other timeline in spreadsheet

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I am a bit nervous and I still have not read the book and I have scheduled for test and please I need your kind advice for the test. Which is the best website that has a sample for the test and will be much closer to the real test? For sure I will read the book first but I need to do training before the test!

Reactions: baimmeb

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Just got the invitation to take the test. Not the best timing as we just moved to BC and will be busy for a few weeks but anyway will try!
The spreadsheet is updated. What is your test window? When was your BG set to complete?

This is a sticky thread in this forum, it has a summary of the book in English and French and a lot of websites to practice sample tests.

Hope this helps.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
we applied with paper application for family of 3. The application was delivered on Apr 15 and AOR came on July 23.

The new tracker says that application is in process starting June 2nd and the ECAS says they started processing it effective Sep 9th.
I am not sure why nothing has been completed so far. Do we know if this is normal?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The spreadsheet is updated. What is your test window? When was your BG set to complete?

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Test window is November 12, 2021 and December 2, 2021 and BG set to complete on September 23rd.
Yes I have the book and will probably use the audio book for a couple of weeks before taking the test.

I just did some sample test and initially got 13 or 14 out of 20. I am now getting around 17 or 18.