+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So this mean if some one failed in the test the other one will proceed for the oath ?
It could go both ways, either IRCC waits until all have passed the test or if the other person has failed twice the third chance will be (during COVID) test through MS Teams, at that point I would think IRCC could split the process. But if it is family application they will try to keep the process with all family members together so they can attend the Oath all together. Please don't prepare yourself to fail, make sure that all family members start preparing with the intention to pass the test at once and at the first attemp!!!! :)

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes from finger print recived in new tracker to be updated PG complete ?

aet1990

Apr 7, 2021
Hi All!

First time commenting, long time creeper! My application details are below!

I got an update today that I've been scheduled for my test between Nov 4-24 which is awesome. None of my other sections have been updated tho, language, background check etc. are all still in progress. Is this normal? I expected those to be updated to complete before the test invite so now i'm just surprised and nervous it's a mistake lol!

Physical Presence Days: 1300
Application: Single Online
Application sent: April 01, 2021
Delivered: April 01, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: Apr 2016/Apr 2021
AOR: Aug 25th

Reactions: mpreetsingh

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi All!

I got an update today that I've been scheduled for my test between Nov 4-24 which is awesome. None of my other sections have been updated tho, language, background check etc. are all still in progress. Is this normal? I expected those to be updated to complete before the test invite so now i'm just surprised and nervous it's a mistake lol!

Hi, no worries there is no mistake. If your BG is not marked as completed yet you will probably receive an email requesting FP, but you will have to wait for that. In regards to the citizenship test with everything In Progress, it appears that is happening with some online applicants.

I provided a link this morning for a free online Test Preparation course in case you are interested to attend, it will be provided by Settlement Calgary.

https://settlementcalgary.com/events/11082021tl/?fbclid=IwAR2vt1kiqzw0DxCJcXa2Cc3Oe2FCxrCADJh6AsUGCrTnuIWFA6ISwwtkTig

I have added your information to the spreadsheet. PLease let us know when you receive the actual test invite email and once you have completed the test.

Good luck

A

abdisarockstar

Hi All!

omg same here, same test window and BG still in progress

@Strongfaith42 please update the spreadsheet with my updates too. Did not receive the email yet but scheduled to write the test from Nov 4 to Nov 24, as per the new tracker. BG still in process, thanks

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All!

thanks for sharing the update. Revived some hopes for online applicants after March 2021. For quite some time there has been no update for us...

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Need some input on web form.

There are 2 ways

(1) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/69
or
(2) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I used 2nd one twice to get my application number as I never got AOR with the application number. But I came to know about my application when I checked on old ecas and got an email from them to register on the new tracker.

But I got a standard reply twice from 2nd option that they are processing Afgan refugees files & urgent matters. Turn around time is very quick when used 2nd option.

Does anyone use 1st option & give me some timeline on a reply from them?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Need some input on web form.

There are 2 ways

(1) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/69
or
(2) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I used 2nd one twice to get my application number as I never got AOR with the application number. But I came to know about my application when I checked on old ecas and got an email from them to register on the new tracker.

But I got a standard reply twice from 2nd option that they are processing Afgan refugees files & urgent matters. Turn around time is very quick when used 2nd option.

Does anyone use 1st option & give me some timeline on a reply from them?
Interesting, I have only used option 2, didn't know about option 1. Let us know what is your experience with option 1.