+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Yes, I submitted fingerprints on July 28, they were received on Aug 18 and BG was set to completed on Aug 19.
Thanks for your reply. This means 8 weeks after the ghost update we are expecting that they will ask for a fingerprint. Did you receive any test dates after your BG was completed on Aug. 18?

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Our test status was updated this morning. Two small updates:

a) "Citizenship Test status has been updated to In progress" - 28 September
b) "scheduled to take citizenship test online between Oct 4 and Oct 24" - 4th October (post dated update)

BG was completed already. Rest of the boxes except Citizenship Ceremony are "in progress".

No update on ECAS.
We got our test schedule email this morning from :

DN Cit MIS Scheduling / Convocation MIS Cit RN (IRCC) <ircc.dncitmisscheduling-convocationmiscitrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca>

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your reply. This means 8 weeks after the ghost update we are expecting that they will ask for a fingerprint. Did you receive any test dates after your BG was completed on Aug. 18?
No, unfortunately my local office is Calgary and the average time from (IP in ECAS) BG completed to Test is around 12-18 months as per the spreadsheet, I sent a note to my MP and the response he got was that my application is being processed within the normal time frame (12 months) and that I am in the queue to receive citizenship, they advised that if I haven't received the test invitation by March 2, 2022 then he can contact IRCC office again. :(

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
The difference is only three letters in the email address after the DN MIS (Mississauga) - DN SCR (Scarborough) - DN NGF (Niagara Falls), etc.
No, unfortunately my local office is Calgary and the average time from (IP in ECAS) BG completed to Test is around 12-18 months as per the spreadsheet, I sent a note to my MP and the response he got was that my application is being processed within the normal time frame (12 months) and that I am in the queue to receive citizenship, they advised that if I haven't received the test invitation by March 2, 2022 then he can contact IRCC office again. :(

Why a huge disparity in processing times? I was wondering , if you're aware as to where applications from Ottawa get processed?

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hello! I'd like to add my info to the tracker, I'm starting to think I might have accidentally deleted my AOR or they are just taking too long~

Physical Presence Days: 1,185.5
Application: Single
Application sent: April 2, 2021
Delivered: April 2, 2021 (Online)
5 Year Eligibility: 2016/04 - 2021/04
AOR: Pending
I applied since March 4, no confirmation email no AOR. Nobody knows exactly, everyone is just giving assumptions. How do they send the AOR, is it via the application portal or a direct email? I'm planning to submit a paper application and include a printout of my online application.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Then you probably has access to old ECAS, you just need your UCI, last name, date of birth and country of birth to access it.
I tried using the UCI in old ECAS but it says unable to find my application. this is so strange.
On the other hand, the online tracker was last updated on Sep 14, 2021, and it says that the application is in progress effective June 2 onwards.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I applied since March 4, no confirmation email no AOR. Nobody knows exactly, everyone is just giving assumptions. How do they send the AOR, is it via the application portal or a direct email? I'm planning to submit a paper application and include a printout of my online application.
They sent AOR by email, have you checked your spam/junk folder or tried to call IRCC and verify your email address on file?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Why a huge disparity in processing times? I was wondering , if you're aware as to where applications from Ottawa get processed?
No idea, I have been creating a spreadsheet with test email address that applicants have reported, but I don't have any information about Ottawa at this moment. There is a thread in this forum about Ottawa applicants, that might help.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ottawa-applications.702017/page-18