+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi strongfaith

I think there is something wrong with me as I submitted the application back in 2020 and was returned as I forget to attach the payment receipt one time and then it was returned again as my doughter became 18?years
Currently all our applications is BG completed from September 1 also there is update on 1 September on my child new ECAS but there is no BG completed

what do you think ? Do I call them ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi strongfaith

I think there is something wrong with me as I submitted the application back in 2020 and was returned as I forget to attach the payment receipt one time and then it was returned again as my doughter became 18?years
Currently all our applications is BG completed from September 1 also there is update on 1 September on my child new ECAS but there is no BG completed

what do you think ? Do I call them ?
Nothing wrong, you just need to be patient and wait until they sent the email requesting FP for your daughter, as you indicated she is 18 years old. It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the ghost update to receive the FP request email from Vancouver, probably by mid October. Paper applications are taking longer to move from one step to the other. Online applicants are moving faster, sometimes within weeks from one step to the other.

You can call IRCC but all what they will see is what you can see in the dashboard and maybe confirm if FP will be requested from your daughter.

Could you please share when you received AOR? and when your application changed to In Process in old ECAS?

Hope this helps.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing wrong, you just need to be patient and wait until they sent the email requesting FP for your daughter, as you indicated she is 18 years old. It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the ghost update to receive the FP request email from Vancouver, probably by mid October. Paper applications are taking longer to move from one step to the other. Online applicants are moving faster, sometimes within weeks from one step to the other.

You can call IRCC but all what they will see is what you can see in the dashboard and maybe confirm if FP will be requested from your daughter.

Could you please share when you received AOR? and when your application changed to In Process in old ECAS?

Hope this helps.
Thanks the AOR received in July 7 and change in process on old ECAS in august 30

is there a possibility that they might not request the FB from my child ? And this goust update that happen on her new ECAS was because our applications was BG completed ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks the AOR received in July 7 and change in process on old ECAS in august 30

is there a possibility that they might not request the FB from my child ? And this goust update that happen on her new ECAS was because our applications was BG completed ?
I highly doubt it, if she is 18+ and got a ghost update the potential of IRCC asking for FP is high. I have a minor in my application and in his case there has been no changes or ghost updates since the application was created on April 23, 2021 and it won't change until the adult parent has completed all steps. My two adult children and husband 18+ got BG completed on June 11, they were not required to give FP. Hope my example helps to clarify your doubts. Every case is different, but I think your daughter got the ghost update and BG was not set to completed because IRCC will be asking for FP. But we will see in a couple of weeks what happens.

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I highly doubt it, if she is 18+ and got a ghost update the potential of IRCC asking for FP is high. I have a minor in my application and in his case there has been no changes or ghost updates since the application was created on April 23, 2021 and it won't change until the adult parent has completed all steps. My two adult children and husband 18+ got BG completed on June 11, they were not required to give FP. Hope my example helps to clarify your doubts. Every case is different, but I think your daughter got the ghost update and BG was not set to completed because IRCC will be asking for FP. But we will see in a couple of weeks what happens.
That is a good example but how about yourself did your BG is completed or still not? because you said that your two adult daughters and husband got BG completed on June 11 but you didn't mention what is happened for yourself.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a good example but how about yourself did your BG is completed or still not? because you said that your two adult daughters and husband got BG completed on June 11 but you didn't mention what is happened for yourself.
Can I ask how the ghost update looks like ?
Is it change in upper corner in the date ?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Our test status was updated this morning. Two small updates:

a) "Citizenship Test status has been updated to In progress" - 28 September
b) "scheduled to take citizenship test online between Oct 4 and Oct 24" - 4th October (post dated update)

BG was completed already. Rest of the boxes except Citizenship Ceremony are "in progress".

No update on ECAS.
I am looking into the tracker https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login to monitor the progress of my application.
Is this the only place where one sees the application status or is there an alternate way to look at the status?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Yes, I submitted fingerprints on July 28, they were received on Aug 18 and BG was set to completed on Aug 19.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Can I ask how the ghost update looks like ?
Is it change in upper corner in the date ?
Yes, it is a change in the upper corner date (updated) and when you go down to the Application history there is no change in what was showing there before or no action waiting on you.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015