+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

saik143

May 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My friend Pinky just got her AOR, could someone please update the April 2021 tracker (row 28)?
Application sent: April 5 2021
Delivered: April 11 2021
AOR received: July 7 2021
Application type: Paper

Thank you,

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi everyone!
Please add to the tracker

Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,330
Application: Single
Application sent: March 30, 2021
Delivered: April 01, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: July 10, 2017 to July 9, 2022
AOR: Waiting
Your information has been added to the spreadsheet!!! :)

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My friend Pinky just got her AOR, could someone please update the April 2021 tracker (row 28)?
Application sent: April 5 2021
Delivered: April 11 2021
AOR received: July 7 2021
Application type: Paper

Thank you,
This has been updated in the spreadsheet!! :)

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all what is the process after the AOR ?
What will be the next step ?
Can the office return back the application again ?
How long it take to get invitation for the test ?

Mar 9, 2021
Hi there,

Does anyone know if we need to set up an account for minors as well or will they be linked to an adult's account? I checked the new ecas but I am not sure if I need to set up separate ones for my kids.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there,

Does anyone know if we need to set up an account for minors as well or will they be linked to an adult's account? I checked the new ecas but I am not sure if I need to set up separate ones for my kids.
You'll need separate login for each applicant. Use your kid's application number and UCIs to create the account on the new dashboard.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello all what is the process after the AOR ?
What will be the next step ?
Can the office return back the application again ?
How long it take to get invitation for the test ?
if you read my previous post, you can have a sense about the process. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2021-citizenship-applications.727410/post-9528386

Also there is a pinned post in this forum that has a step by step process and what would happen after each step is completed, every application is different, there are many variants that could delay or expedite the application, so what is in this forum is just we some other applicants have experienced and shared.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-canadian-citizenship-a-comprehensive-guide.687393/post-8615191

Hope this helps.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks , one final question for the old ECAS is it showing the Progress all the way or it just showing when file is recived

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks , one final question for the old ECAS is it showing the Progress all the way or it just showing when file is recived
It shows all the way, from Application received, In Progress, additional documents if required, test invite, interview if required and Decision made, this is what I have seen from other posts.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks So why they had made the new site that require registration ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks So why they had made the new site that require registration ?
It shows all the way, from Application received, In Progress, additional documents if required, test invite, interview if required and Decision made, this is what I have seen from other posts.
ECAS doesn't break down the status like the new dashboard does. For example, after "In Progress" on ECAS, the next update you'll see is the test. However, a background check happens in between and ECAS doesn't show that but the new dashboard does.

Similarly, ECAS doesn't show the statuses specific to the updates to your application when "Physical Presence", "Language" and "Prohibitions" are set verified and approved. I mean, it does in a way by showing "Decision Made" (and this is when Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are set to "Completed" in the new dashboard) but some for some people these checks don't happen together. They happen during different times and the new dashboard will highlight when these statuses are set to "Complete".

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
I've gotten three out of my five AORs dated July 9th (I assume the other two are on my way). Please update the spreadsheet (line 38).

Edit: Now all 5 have been recieved.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes to change from application recived to in progress