+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Bedo0o

Nov 1, 2022
my application was filed in April 2021 and then I travel outside of the country in July. I got pregnant but the doctor recommend I should not travel until some additional tests are done in the third trimester due to some complications. around Sept 2021, I was requested to do fingerprints from the RCMP and the online test. I requested delaying the submission of the fingerprints because I couldn't travel back and also requested doing the test while overseas and both were granted.

I then was able to travel back, did the fingerprints and all seemed good. Comes late February 2022 and I was requested to redo the test again while on an interview with the officer. The officer also requested the translated stamps from my old expired passport and the new current one. I prepared everything and attended the online interview and finished the test. then the officer requested to see the actual stamps on the passports. showed her the current passport and the old one was not at home and was with my husband. the officer said she will send an invitation to see the old passport in the following week, and if confirmed she will queue me for the oath.

and that is it, she never contacted me back ever since. sent multiple web forms and called many times with no luck.

I just hope that the application is not stalled because of something I should be doing.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
my application was filed in April 2021 and then I travel outside of the country in July. I got pregnant but the doctor recommend I should not travel until some additional tests are done in the third trimester due to some complications. around Sept 2021, I was requested to do fingerprints from the RCMP and the online test. I requested delaying the submission of the fingerprints because I couldn't travel back and also requested doing the test while overseas and both were granted.

I then was able to travel back, did the fingerprints and all seemed good. Comes late February 2022 and I was requested to redo the test again while on an interview with the officer. The officer also requested the translated stamps from my old expired passport and the new current one. I prepared everything and attended the online interview and finished the test. then the officer requested to see the actual stamps on the passports. showed her the current passport and the old one was not at home and was with my husband. the officer said she will send an invitation to see the old passport in the following week, and if confirmed she will queue me for the oath.

and that is it, she never contacted me back ever since. sent multiple web forms and called many times with no luck.

I just hope that the application is not stalled because of something I should be doing.
Don't worry, things take time these days and responses to web forms are very slow. Good news(oath) would be on the way.

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Finally received oath ceremony invitation for the whole family. Thank you everyone for their help.

One question btw for people who have already done their oath, can we join under the same/one room or it has to be different?

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my ATIP notes after 5 months today, any pointers to what I should be looking at? thanks

Njafters

Jun 13, 2020
I received my ATIP notes after 5 months today, any pointers to what I should be looking at? thanks
Nice, I applied for ATIP notes in August, but haven't heard a thing back. Also, passed test 20/20 in March - nothing else since March 16.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice, I applied for ATIP notes in August, but haven't heard a thing back. Also, passed test 20/20 in March - nothing else since March 16.
Are your b/c checks in process or completed? I feel my notes were send to me after the b/c were completed post fingerprint request.

Njafters

Jun 13, 2020
Are your b/c checks in process or completed? I feel my notes were send to me after the b/c were completed post fingerprint request.
B/C was marked completed on October 26, 2021 already. Still waiting for any response to my August ATIP (their mandated response time is less than 30 days ).
According to the tracker, my file was last looked at on Oct 7, 2022.
It's so super frustrating to wait for Canada while it promises more and more immigration. Why don't they just finish the applications waiting on their desk first???‍It's clear the country doesn't care about us or that their processing delays impact our real lives materially.
Emailed the Surrey office who kindly responded to say they won't give an update and not to email them again... ugh ugh ugh

• Angry
Reactions: amitsmeet

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Starting the thread for April 2021. Here is the link to the spreadsheet: Citizenship Tracker April-2021
You can request edit access to the spreadsheet to enter your information.

When reporting your application please fill out the following:

Application: Single/Family and number of applicants
Application sent: April xx, 2021
Delivered: April xx, 2021
5 Year Eligibility:
AOR:
Hi, can I request access to edit the spreadsheet? or shall I give you updated info here? thanks.